Beowulf: The Movie Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: Can You Play Beowulf: The Movie Exactly Like Kingdoms? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
...game pleasure in wood
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm being a bit lazy here, failing to read both rules books and study the components to answer my own question, and instead hope to draw on the knowledge of those more experiences than I am;

Can you play Beowulf: The Movie exactly like Kingdoms, the game on which it is based, using only the Kingdoms rules? There seems to be MORE components in B:TM, so can you just remove those extra components from play, leaving only those comparable to the Kingdoms components?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
JACKSON
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You might want to read this review to get a better answer to your question.

kingdoms-the-deluxe-edition

I do agree the game feels like Kingdoms Deluxe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bohm
United States
Appleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
A few of the special tiles are different and therefore do some different things. I wouldn't recommend simply removing them as then you'd be removing most the special tiles I believe and honestly it might take you 5 minutes or so to read what the different tiles do.

Also, the map changes round to round and the map change I think is kind of neat so I would keep that.

Otherwise, yes, this game pretty much plays exactly like Kingdoms.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.