Subject: Liberating Allied Countries rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Geoffrey Wilson
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
After an Ally has surrendered (let's use the Philippines as an example to the Japanese, how exactly does the Allied player liberate it on a subsequent turn?

Is the requirement that the same hexes required for surrender (Manila and Davao) be under Allied control?

When a country is liberated, does the US gain auto-control of the unoccupied airfield/port spaces of the country?

Thanks.

(And then I do know the Allies gain one political will.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking at the first paragraph in 12.0 is the only guidance I can find on this topic. The Philippines itself offers no special case on this.

If the US Player recaptures Davao and Manila, the US Player will regain control of all Philippine airfields and ports that don't have Japanese ground units in them. That is all that happens. That is my first look anyways.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Herman
United States
New York
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
drmark64 wrote:
Looking at the first paragraph in 12.0 is the only guidance I can find on this topic. The Philippines itself offers no special case on this.

If the US Player recaptures Davao and Manila, the US Player will regain control of all Philippine airfields and ports that don't have Japanese ground units in them. That is all that happens. That is my first look anyways.

Correct
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.