United States
Sandy Hook
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all

Thanks for your patience.

Just wanted to keep you all posted on my on-going discussions with the printer and the issues discovered in both Fresh Meat and the base game reprint.

Yes, there were definitely issues on the run. Most of which were caught before release - in fact, 13 separate issues, one being having been printed on the wrong card stock. We demanded the whole run reprinted. Then we also caught the sizing issues on the cards and ordered them reprinted as well. We were told the issue was only with the rush copies sent to Gencon, not the whole order. To make sure, I asked for games to be sent to confirm this - and received them in good order. Turns out, I was rather grossly misinformed. So, yeah, we were pretty upset to find this issue still existed after the fact... after we'd already paid the order in full and the shipping to get it here (and it was no small amount).

You'll be pleased to know that the first suggested fix from the printer, to send us card sleeves for the whole order, was rejected by us. You'll also be happy to hear that, after further discussions, it appears that they are doing the right thing and will be reprinting the games.

All the details are still being confirmed - but, as of now, I am told that the changes will correct the: A) size of all standard playing cards for both games, base and FM (Relics, Main deck, etc) and B) the tray size for the cavities that are causing problems. The rounded corners will be squared so the corners of the Encounters and Events will not be bent in storage.

The slight variation in size of the Encounter cards and events themselves are considered an allowable variance and I have agreed to move forward under these provisions, so long as the other very significant issues were addressed.

I do not have a shipping or delivery time for these new games as of yet, but will provide a rough timeline as I am given it.

So, what does all this mean for you, the discerning shopper and fan?

1. The remaining stock of these games will be replaced in the warehouse as soon as they arrive, correcting the problem for those games I still have within my ability to affect.

2. For the games that have already been shipped to stores and for games that you may have already purchased, corrected card sets will be sent through distribution to retailers, so you can pick them up at your local store - or if you bought them on-line or the store is too inconvenient an option for you, I will be mailing them out on my own dime. This will add up quickly so I encourage all who can to get them through your friendly local gaming stores.
I have also been told we will get additional inserts. These would have to go through retailers primarily.
I will let you know when these replacement materials will be available, just as soon as I can confirm it. It will take some time I'm afraid.

Please know that we do all we can to ensure the quality of our products. Occasionally, things are placed beyond our control and all we can do is try to address the situation as best we can. We appreciate all your patience and support - and thank you for being such amazing fans.

Best
Curt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ridgway
United States
Fairfax Station
Virginia
flag msg tools
How much for the little game in the window?
badge
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the update. From the information that was trickling out, I was honestly beginning to fear that this printer was going to bankrupt the company by refusing to make good after taking your money and botching the order.

If I had to pick ten reasons why I could never start my own game company, nine of them would be horror stories about bad printers that I've heard. You have my admiration for having the fortitude to deal with that. I'd wish you luck, but it doesn't seem to have done any good so far. How about a peaceful night's sleep? I bet those have been in short supply recently.

Happy Holidays!

James

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey McC
United States
Central Point
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I happen to have Fresh Meat included in a pending order with an online store,waiting on other pre-orders before it ships. Fresh Meat was in stock when I placed the order, so I'm guessing they've already set one of the potentially bad copies aside for me. What's the fairest way to handle this?

Since I have the chance to catch it before it ships, I was about to email the store and ask them to cancel it from my order, but is that unfair to them in any way? I'm perfectly willing to wait on the order until they are stocked with a "good" copy.

EDIT: 11/28 Nevermind, I needn't have fretted. Coolstuffinc canceled my Fresh Meat pre-order with no problems. You both run excellent companies and your honesty and attention to service is appreciated!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin O'Brien
Australia
Fitzgibbon (Brisbane)
QLD
flag msg tools
...but don't tell anyone!
badge
The Secret Bread Empire Über Alles!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ophryon wrote:
I happen to have Fresh Meat included in a pending order with an online store,waiting on other pre-orders before it ships. Fresh Meat was in stock when I placed the order, so I'm guessing they've already set one of the potentially bad copies aside for me. What's the fairest way to handle this?

Since I have the chance to catch it before it ships, I was about to email the store and ask them to cancel it from my order, but is that unfair to them in any way? I'm perfectly willing to wait on the order until they are stocked with a "good" copy.

I'm in exactly the same situation with a (pre-)order I have with CoolStuffInc.com.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark O'Reilly
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Curt,
I am expecting my fresh meat to arrive today from infinity games uk ,
will it be the cards and box insert that need replacing?, by cards, is it all cards, large and small?.
Thank you for the honest and upfront communication, i know from past experiance that you and your company are good guys

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark O'Reilly
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fresh Meat received...it's great!, a little tweaking, seriously UNDER 10 minutes with a corner cutter i already own and the square events deck fits nicely into the box, this was the only issue i had and the under 10 mins was to round off all my event deck cards (i have all expansions). i think they look much better rounded -just my personal opinion.
Not completely necessary - i trimmed my monster tracker with a craft knife and this now fits where the books/rules go.
(the tracker would easily fit floating over top of components, i'm just fussy).

I have to say, this now looks a beast!, can't wait to take the whole shabang to game night- jaws will drop devil

thanks Curt. my fresh meat and battle box are just awesome

ps,for any one interested, round edge cutters are easiest thing to use, just like a hole punch, you press and hey presto!, very inexpensive off the net.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
badge
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
mbmbmbmbmb
Curt,

I bought Fresh Meat straight from you and you shipped it to me already. Apparently I didn't examine things too closely: what should we be looking for in our copies to determine if we need replacements? And I guess I should contact you directly for replacement in this case?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Covert
United States
Sandy Hook
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure, let me clarify a few points:

All Fresh Meat copies currently in release have standard card decks (main deck, reputation cards, relics) that are cut 1/16" too small. The biggest issue with that is combining the new main deck cards into the existing deck, as it causes a shuffling problem. For now, that can be remedied with card sleeves. This is the only issue critical to game play.

If you recently bought the base game, the main deck has the same issue, so you won't have any issue shuffling them together. But both are being replaced because they should measure 2.5" x 3.5". The base game can be identified on the back of the box, as it says "Printed by Grand Prix" - but this is only a temporary way to identify them until the new batch arrives.

Replacement games and materials will not be shipping from the factory for several weeks. I would expect the earliest arrival time might be January sometime.

Once the new shipment arrives, everything leaving my warehouse will be correct. But there will not be any discerning mark to distinguish old from new. This means that there will be a transition period where there may be older copies still on the market. By providing retailers with replacement components, any discovered at issue can be updated after the fact. It's not a perfect situation, but the best fix I have available.

You may always contact me about any issues, but I am asking those who bought the games at their FLGS, to get their replacements through that same store --- once they have the replacement components. But PLEASE do not ask them until I notify everyone that the stuff has shipped to retailers. Let's not drive them nutty. For those who ordered on-line, I will mail them to you. Again, no point in telling me now. Let's wait until the stuff arrives. I don't want to misplace any requests.

I will do everything i can to make folks happy. This is an amazing expansion with so much great content for the game, which is sadly being overshadowed by these issues. I am confident that once we power through this, you will all really love what we cooked up and get back to stabbing our friends in the back with glee.

Curt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Garrod
United Kingdom
Northampton
Northamptonshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Doh! Wasnt aware of these issues. Bought a copy of the expansion online this morning without hesitance due to my love for the others, just came on here to get hyped up a bit and read up on it. That'll teach me!

I take it mine will likely be affected? If it is I dont hold you guys responsible. In fact your post pretty much solidifies my trust in your company. Dont let it get you down.

I'll see what I need to do when my copy arrives.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Coberly
United States
Severna Park
Maryland
flag msg tools
Okay, so I ordered this from an online retailer. Should I return it and wait for a reprint?

NVM. Ignore me. Idiot and posted without reading the whole thread. Anyway, glad to see there's some movement to getting it all fixed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Jaberg
United States
Milwaukee
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just a quick question about the copies headed to the winners of the design contest: Have they been shipped, or are you waiting for the new reprinted version to come in? I know I emailed you about it before, but I still haven't gotten mine yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
United States
Glenshaw
Pa
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
Will the card well hold the encounter cards if they are sleeved?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Covert
United States
Sandy Hook
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
sniprpenguin wrote:
Just a quick question about the copies headed to the winners of the design contest: Have they been shipped, or are you waiting for the new reprinted version to come in? I know I emailed you about it before, but I still haven't gotten mine yet.

I have assumed that contest winners would prefer to wait for the latest print. If the standard deck card size is not bothersome to you, because you plan on sleeving the cards anyway, let me know and I can ship them out immediately.

-C

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
United States
Glenshaw
Pa
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
Smirky wrote:
sniprpenguin wrote:

I have assumed that contest winners would prefer to wait for the latest print. If the standard deck card size is not bothersome to you, because you plan on sleeving the cards anyway, let me know and I can ship them out immediately.

-C

I sleeve mine so it's not as issue.. but since I am looking forward to the insert (which I hope fits sleeves encounter cards) I'll have to wait! So excited though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Covert
United States
Sandy Hook
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
corkysru wrote:
Will the card well hold the encounter cards if they are sleeved?

I have not seen the revised tray physically so far, just photos. The corners for all slots have been squared off more. It was the rounded corners of the slots that caused the most issues. Without holding one in my hands, I hesitate to answer.

And, to be honest, I had no idea card sleeves came in 3.5" x 5" size. I guess that is an oversight on my part. I've never seen one or heard about people sleeving the Encounter cards. My ask of the printer was that the standard deck slots be sized large enough for sleeves - and to be honest, with the 13 issues we've had and all the delays including two full reprints, I will be happily surprised if sleeves fit nicely, but I won't be falling on my sword for it. If we get cards of the correct size and the tray fits the cards as previously printed, that is going to be a win. And a hard fought one at that. : )

Now let's just all cross our fingers and toes that it comes quick and it comes right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Cunningham
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Curt, I ordered my copy from you folks at Gencon as a preorder. How should I proceed? I just need the cards as they're off in size as noted. My insert is fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claus Jensen
Denmark
Stenlose
Sealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My wife got me Fresh Meat as an advent gift, which I have been enjoying repacking with my almost complete set of Cutthroat, all morning

I noticed the size difference, and having just had issues with the Mage Knight expansion, where wizkids basically haven't even acknowledged the differences in print, I was alreay up in arms, ready to battle with yet ANOTHER annoying, money-grabbing publisher.

I completely forgot it says Curt Covert on the box.
I come online, and my issue is being resolved, not only satisfactorily, but also above and beyond what I could expect.

I assume that the offer of picking up new cards from the FLGS goes for Denmark/International too?
I'll take it easy and subscribe to this forum and wait for when it has been shipped from you. Based on your earlier comments I'll leave the FLGS be for now

Thanks Curt, you're a credit to the community.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.