Germany
Ulmen
MYK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
In the Rules was a Text:
Only 2 Toxic Markers..
So i cant do more than 2 Toxicmarkers on the Enemy HQ. Only 2 Toxic Damage on beginning of a Fight. Right?

In the Neuroshima App. It is possible to make much more Toxic Damage. Last Game i have Damage on Fight beginning about 5...
I ask a Supporter from the App...and he say its right, so many you can do.
But the rules from the boardgame say only 2 Marker!

And now?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
I'm in the same boat. I too noticed this and asked the developer and was told it was right. He also said that it would be clarified in a later faq.

Based on the English rules I didn't even know that you could poison something more than once so I was surprised when I saw compounding damage occurring.

I have no idea how in the real game you would track venom beyond 2 but this is apparently how it works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PMD
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are just two poison tokens and this is the limit. If both are used you can't poison anything. It's written explicitly in rules:

Quote:
There can be only two Venom markers of Neojungle in play. If a Nightshade wounds another unit, and there is no spare venom marker, then the bitten unit is not poisoned.

I have no link to English rules, but you can confirm it in Polish rulebook: http://files.neuroshima.org/babel13.pdf

So no FAQ is needed, rules are not ambiguous.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
emancypator wrote:
There are just two poison tokens and this is the limit. If both are used you can't poison anything. It's written explicitly in rules:

Quote:
There can be only two Venom markers of Neojungle in play. If a Nightshade wounds another unit, and there is no spare venom marker, then the bitten unit is not poisoned.

I have no link to English rules, but you can confirm it in Polish rulebook: http://files.neuroshima.org/babel13.pdf

So no FAQ is needed, rules are not ambiguous.

While I don't disagree that the rules are not ambiguous what is ambiguous is the response that I (and based on his comment Quexxes too) got from the Supporter of the NH android app implementation. The android app does allow multiple layers of poison exceeding just 2 which I reported as a bug and was given the following response.

Quote:
ad1. - actually the current rules are correct, though the old manuals says otherwise. The NHex makers are planning to release rules review in the next board edition. It's one of this things that had changed several times over the years and it's not very well documented anywhere.

So as of now we actually do need a clarification.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jörg Klöckner
Germany
Ulmen
MYK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it is so in the rules from the boardgame. But in the App. You can put many more poison!
And the Developer say its ok.
I will ask it to Portal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Marc Ribot y Los Cubanos Postizos // Abdullah Ibrahim: African Sun // Toumani Diabate's Symmetric Orchestra: Boulevard de L'Independance
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
allstar64 wrote:

I agree with the people who say it is perfectly clear. A software developer who doesn't want to address a bug in his app doesn't change that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Sphere wrote:
allstar64 wrote:

I agree with the people who say it is perfectly clear. A software developer who doesn't want to address a bug in his app doesn't change that.

But a software developer who claims that it's not a bug, but rather that it's correctly conforming to an intended official rule change by the original publisher, which the publisher has unfortunately not published, makes it a bit murkier indeed!

Probably the ideal situation would be an option to use the printed rules or to use the new rule, if the new rule really is a real thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Marc Ribot y Los Cubanos Postizos // Abdullah Ibrahim: African Sun // Toumani Diabate's Symmetric Orchestra: Boulevard de L'Independance
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If it's an official change, I think it would be odd if the designer chose to let us discover it for ourselves in an Android app. Even if it were official and that was the first place it was meant to be revealed, an announcement to that effect would have made sense.

From a different perspective, it wouldn't be the first time somebody tried to use "it's not a bug, it's a feature" to bluster their way past the need for releasing a patch.

I don't know the true answer, only what seems more plausible to me. What the software developer says won't affect the way I play - I'll stick with the rules unless I hear otherwise from Portal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
Personally I think if the designer knew they were making changes/clarifying the official rules in the near future that it would only be logical to implement their app using the soon to be correct rules rather than implementing it in such a way that will need a patch down the line.

I'd also be more inclined to think that the the software designer was being lazy if not for the fact that I have reported several other things to him before and he has confirmed (after checking with the designer) that they were indeed bugs which would be fixed in a later update. While some of these have been very significant (armor of medic mods not working) others have been small edge cases (OP Scopper removing Scopped NJ mods from the motherland). Venom working like this would be a fairly significant bug if it was incorrect and I don't think he would lie about it to cover it up.

All said I agree with you that no one should change the way they play as of now (except for owners of the Android app who for obvious reasons should play with this new rule). I wasn't even going to bother reporting the change here until after they released the revised faq with the new edition of the game and I could see for myself. However either way it doesn't change the statement I said before that as of now we actually do need a clarification or at the very least we can expect to get one soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jörg Klöckner
Germany
Ulmen
MYK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
I have it!
I ask Ignacy, and today i become this Mail back.

App is wrong, there should be only 2 markers.

greetings
Ignacy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I can understand there having been a communication confusion between the app developers and Portal. Polish is a hard language.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PMD
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
ad1. - actually the current rules are correct, though the old manuals says otherwise. The NHex makers are planning to release rules review in the next board edition. It's one of this things that had changed several times over the years and it's not very well documented anywhere.

I have bought Babel13 the day it was available in Poland, the rules are the same since then.

Quexxes wrote:
Hi,
I have it!
I ask Ignacy, and today i become this Mail back.

App is wrong, there should be only 2 markers.

greetings
Ignacy

Nevertheless, it's good having confirmation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.