Popular Tags: [View All]
Max Jamelli
United States
Chambersburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
My son just turned 4 this past week (11/26). Not to be THAT dad, but my son is incredibly smart. He's super smart ... but he's not the most communicative. He talks, but his level of listening and responding to talking is still developing ... slowly.

Today we broke out one of his birthday presents - a Sesame Street version of memory - just to give it a shot. Wow, I couldn't be happier. We played with half of the tiles - about 24. Derek figured the game out pretty quickly (after turning 3 and 4 tiles over at a time, he responded to our directions to only turn 2 if there were different). We gave him some help along the way, missing some matches we knew existed. The look on his face when he got matches was priceless -- and the act afterwards was even better.

(little backstory)
last weekend my wife and I watched a tribute to Eddie Murphy. There were some highlights of his comedy acts -- and a censored version of this: (this is not censored)

It's NSFW and what I'm referencing runs from 1:50 to 2:18.

Instead of saying "I got some ice cream" Derek proclaimed "I got a ma-atch, I got a ma-atch" and did the same dance. It was quite entertaining. I think we've got a nightly event in the making.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.