Subject: Rules for custom warband championships? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
evil_wins Solo
Colombia
flag msg tools
mb
Hello everyone!

I see a lot of people talking about custom warbands championships. In the original rulebook there are'nt a lot of clues about making your own warband. So, searching through the web I found a Chris Dupuis article where he explains the rules for making custom warbands. The rules are:

1. Your warband must include at least 12 Creatures (cards and minis). You can have up to 4 copies of each.
2. Your warband must include at least 30 Order cards. You can have up to 4 copies of each.
3. Your warband must have exactly 1 Commander Card.

Obviusly, these rules will make factions a lot stronger. I already used them, but just to take out the "bad cards" and "bad units" from the game (I think Human ranger may have a role with "behind enemy lines", but appart from that she is useless).

What do you think about these rules? And what are the rules people use in championships?

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Merric Blackman
Australia
Waubra
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
Ramping up my reviewing.
badge
Happily playing games for many, many years.
mbmbmbmbmb
sebaslocox wrote:
Hello everyone!

I see a lot of people talking about custom warbands championships. In the original rulebook there are'nt a lot of clues about making your own warband.

The rules are on page 15 of the rulebook. Go have a look. "Building your own warbands".

Custom warbands are much more interesting than the base warbands, and can be scarily effective. We've had a lot of fun making our own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cracky McCracken
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
What do you think about these rules? And what are the rules people use in championships?

The owner of my flgs really likes this game and is trying to get some organised DC game nights going. Here's a link to the first night he organised... http://www.ravenstonegames.net/tournaments.html. As you can see, his rules are right from the rulebooks.

What i don't want to see is players showing up with zany min-maxed warbands that don't make any sense within the D&D world/cosmology itself. (ie the Dwarven Cleric with his buddy the Vampire and their friends the Hobgoblin twins). I never cared for this effect in Dungeons & Dragons Miniatures.

DC reminds me of Mordheim: City of the Damned. I'de love to see (or develope myself i guess) a campaign system that allows you to spend the treasure you collect during skirmishes between games on your warband. This treasure could be spent on equipment cards that come into play as new creatures are deployed, level-up cards, creatures from other factions etc. etc.

edit=====

oh yeah, welcome aboard newuser! keep the Dungeon Command posts coming

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mb
Cracky wrote:
What i don't want to see is players showing up with zany min-maxed warbands that don't make any sense within the D&D world/cosmology itself. (ie the Dwarven Cleric with his buddy the Vampire and their friends the Hobgoblin twins). I never cared for this effect in Dungeons & Dragons Miniatures.

Vampires have domination gaze BTW. It's a thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Haver
United States
Reynoldsburg
Ohio
flag msg tools
www.theCOGS.org
badge
www.theCOGS.org
mbmbmbmbmb
Cracky wrote:
Quote:

The owner of my flgs really likes this game and is trying to get some organised DC game nights going. Here's a link to the first night he organised... http://www.ravenstonegames.net/tournaments.html. As you can see, his rules are right from the rulebooks.

DC reminds me of Mordheim: City of the Damned. I'de love to see (or develope myself i guess) a campaign system that allows you to spend the treasure you collect during skirmishes between games on your warband. This treasure could be spent on equipment cards that come into play as new creatures are deployed, level-up cards, creatures from other factions etc. etc.

edit=====

oh yeah, welcome aboard newuser! keep the Dungeon Command posts coming

Where were you at the last few events? I have been playing steadily from the start. Definitely show up at the next event and we'll play a few rounds. I'm also open to outside-tournament gameplay. I love DC and am always willing to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cracky McCracken
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had the game for awhile... but i'm just getting into playing it now. I'm definitely picking up the Undead set at Ravenstone and i'll keep my eyes peeled for the next meetup.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Haver
United States
Reynoldsburg
Ohio
flag msg tools
www.theCOGS.org
badge
www.theCOGS.org
mbmbmbmbmb
Cracky wrote:
I've had the game for awhile... but i'm just getting into playing it now. I'm definitely picking up the Undead set at Ravenstone and i'll keep my eyes peeled for the next meetup.

I look forward to playing against you. The Undead set is the best one thusfar.

Drafting is another fun element to the game as well. Works the same as a Magic draft, only you draft 12 Creatures, then the 36 Order cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.