Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh White
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
Hello,
I bought a used copy of battlelore and I'm missing one hobgoblin swordsman. Does anyone have any extras they would trade or sell? I'm sure I could play with just three but I'd reather have a full set if I can.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Martin
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1 MILLION DOLLARS!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh White
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
Um...yeah. Not going to pay that for a piece of plastic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Taylor-Smith
Canada
Okotoks
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd suggest a purchase of a 1:72 scale figure (metal or plastic) from any number of manufacturers to replace it. Caesar Miniatures has a plastic goblin 1:72 set for example. Getting an actual Battlelore figure would be far more expensive due to nobody wanting to break up a set. You really only need the actual Battlelore model to hold the flag (ie. one in four), the rest are just model fillers. 20mm would be a good fit but 25mm too big so be careful on the scale.

Or just replace the goblins with historical 15th Century Moorish/North African/Berber. That's what the 'goblins' represent in the game. The Nasrids (Granada) supplied mercenaries to Castile and others from North Africa. Although with the scenarios involving English armies in France the 'goblins' would more likely represent Gascon/Welsh/Flemish besides Spanish.

With the base set (including the repurposed french set) out of stock almost everywhere I'd wouldn't be surprised to see the after market price for figures to rocket upwards for collectors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Hurtt
United States
Huachuca City
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
flapjackmachine wrote:
Or just replace the goblins with historical 15th Century Moorish/North African/Berber. That's what the 'goblins' represent in the game.

So what do the Ostrich Riders, Lizard Riders, and Hyena Riders represent?

Dale

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.