Popular Tags: [View All]
Tolle Colart
Belgium
Deurne
Antwerp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

when you place a dome on a certain color of palace, you will receive that color palace tile.
For example: a black palace exists of 5 pieces. A dome is placed on it by the blue player.
When another player (green for example) places a dome on a black palace of 5 pieces or less, he will not get the black palace tile.
What if green expands his black palace with a stable in a next turn, will he get the black palace tile anyway? Because his black palace of 6 pieces is bigger then the previous one of blue with 5 pieces?
Or is there only one shot for getting another player's palace tile? When the dome is placed on the palace?

Kind regards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Dyer
United States
Playa Del Rey
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You get the palace tile if you enlarge a claimed palace to be the largest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Netherlands
flag msg tools
       This space              intentionally              left blank.
badge
Can you quote that from the rules, please? The way the Dutch rules read, it's the size of the palace at the moment you claim it which matters (expanding a claimed largest palace helps prevent other people from stealing the tile; but expanding a claimed existing smaller palace won't steal the tile).

Quote:
The player, who claims a palace of a certain color, gets the palace tile of that color. ... If another player claims a larger palace in that color, the first player gives the tile to that player. The size of a palace consists of the sum of building segments and stables.
(emphasis mine)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tolle Colart
Belgium
Deurne
Antwerp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
a_traveler wrote:
Can you quote that from the rules, please? The way the Dutch rules read, it's the size of the palace at the moment you claim it which matters (expanding a claimed largest palace helps prevent other people from stealing the tile; but expanding a claimed existing smaller palace won't steal the tile).

That is how I read it too. Only when you claim a palace, it must be bigger then the previous claimed palace (in the same color) to get the palace tile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Dyer
United States
Playa Del Rey
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Both versions of the rules in English I have are clear, "if at any time a player owns a larger palace" and "if at any time a player has a larger palace". There's no suggestion that that largeness measure is applied only when the palace is originally claimed.

Of course, the English rules are unofficial translations. We'd need
the master himself to speak to be sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Netherlands
flag msg tools
       This space              intentionally              left blank.
badge
I just saw the German rules, and they say:
Quote:
Er behaelt sie solange, bis ein anderer Spieler einen Grosseren Palast dieser Farbe besitzt.
(emphasis and transliteration of accented characters mine)

So I'd say the Dutch translation ("claims" rather than "owns") is subtly wrong (it should be "bezitten" rather than "in bezit nemen"), and expanding a palace with a stable after having claimed it can still net you the palace tile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tolle Colart
Belgium
Deurne
Antwerp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So it is English - German 1 - Dutch 0

Guess the Dutch rule are translated wrong...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.