Stephen Aslett

Houston
Texas
msg tools
mb
Hello everyone,

I haven't posted on this forum before, but my wife and I are avid Hive players and will be attending the World Boardgaming Championships next year in Lancaster, PA. We've noticed that there hasn't been (nor appears ever to have been) a Hive tournament at WBC. We'd like to change that by GMing a Hive tournament (we'd exempt ourselves from participation of course). The tournament format will be heats followed by single elimination among the players with the best records from the heats. It will last no longer than one day of the WBC.

We would have submitted our event submission form already, but there's one problem. We need one more assistant GM and we don't know anyone willing or able to volunteer! The deadline for submitting new trial events is tomorrow at midnight, so if you're interested in getting Hive at the WBC, please shoot me an email at saslett@gmail.com and let me know if you're interested in volunteering as our third assistant GM.

http://www.boardgamers.org/gmguide.htm

Guidelines are here (though this FAQ is geared more towards the official GM rather than assistants). Please do not volunteer if you do not anticipate coming to the 2013 WBC and actually volunteering.

Hive seems to be growing in popularity. Let's give it the real world tournament it deserves.

--Stephen Aslett
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Yianni
United Kingdom
Potters Bar
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Stephen

Unfortunately because we are based in the UK we can't make the WBC
I would however be very interested to know if you managed to find someone to help and get a Hive tournament going at the WBC.
If you do, let me know and I will add the event onto our website and add it to our next newsletter.

Thanks
John

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Colombo
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
BlueLineGameStudios.com
badge
BlueLine Game Studios - Digital Tabletop games since 2011
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be great to see Hive in the WBC finally!

Lancaster is only about 7 hours away from where I'll be living at the time. I'll toss you a line.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.