Hide
5 Posts

Carcassonne: Abbey & Mayor» Forums » Rules

Subject: The barn and the abbey rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
alynn silliman
msg tools
Can the barn be played with the abbey as 1 of the 4 corners of farm? Or does it have to be played on 4 true corners of farm?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christof Tisch
Germany
Wiesbaden
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello

Your question makes me wonder a bit.
First, the barn and the abbey is not in the Bridges and Bazaar expansion.

Second, I am not shure what you mean with barn and with farm.

But I think the answer to your question may be:

To build a barn (wooden house) you have to have a place where four landscape cards show fields (green grass). As the abbey has a wall around it, it is not possible to build on a place where there is an abbey.

Regards
Christof
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No. The abbey is not a field. It is a "wild" piece for the placement of a tile but does not give you a wild piece for the placement of other things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
United Kingdom
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The others are right. The Abbey allows you to finish other features, but it doesn't actually count as part of them. Therefore if placed beside the one remaining open part of a city, it will complete that city, but the Abbey tile doesn't count as part of the city.

Similarly, no part of it counts as a farm, so it can be used to close off farms, but the barn cannot be placed on one of its corners.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved to Carcassonne: Abbey & Mayor

If this is the wrong expansion can someone flag it again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.