$10.00
Spacegras
Canada
St. John's
NL
flag msg tools
Bring on the hordes, we have the sword that smote the Goblin of Gygaxnor.
badge
HooDoo Operator
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone have any experience with this game through PBEM? I'd like to give it a go, but realtime isn't possible at the moment.
Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Thompson
England
Winchester
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It works very well. I already have a game on the go otherwise I'd offer to play. Try posting to the monthly vassal request geek list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spacegras
Canada
St. John's
NL
flag msg tools
badge
HooDoo Operator
mbmbmbmbmb
found an opponent, trying to parse the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S0laris
Italy
Rome
Lazio
flag msg tools
ahh noticed this thread now!

im always up (time permitting, sigh) for a game of red winter on vassal. just hit me up on here if you guys ever fancy a game =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
johnny von blitz
msg tools
im new to vassal..but own the actual board game "red winter" anyone looking to play the vassal mod "red winter" shoot me a PM . go easy on me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spacegras
Canada
St. John's
NL
flag msg tools
badge
HooDoo Operator
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey,
Just to let you know, Red Winter works great as PBEM. the attacking player announces his attacking units and any support and hands off to the defender who will then announce his support if any and then will resolve the combat, passing back to the active player to announce the next combat if any.

My regular partner and I usually just announce all of the combats for the round and then pass off to the defender to resolve all of the combat.

We haven`t used Friction Fire yet, which may require more exchanges.

This is a great game, lots of depth from the few scenarios we have played. The objectives seem clear, yet actually getting to them is another story altogether.

The ability of the Finns to retreat and absorb all but the most devastating attack is a continually frustrating occurance. It looks at times to be a game of delaying tactics.

I`m looking forward to this one more and more.

Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Thompson
England
Winchester
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
ca_squires wrote:
Hey,
Just to let you know, Red Winter works great as PBEM. the attacking player announces his attacking units and any support and hands off to the defender who will then announce his support if any and then will resolve the combat, passing back to the active player to announce the next combat if any.

I've found it even easier if you get used to over lapping logs.

i) attacker announces combat + support
ii) attacker leaves a space in log for defender to declare their support
iii) attacker rolls support
iv) passes log to defender

i) defender declares and rolls their support
ii) defender rolls the final combat and hands back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.