Subject: Earth Guardian - Seize the Opportunity Stack Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rick Koeppen
United States
Bellevue
Nebraska
flag msg tools
LEGO: Hopeful for new 'Castle' sets in 2015!
badge
Games: Regarding my favorite theme of 'Fantasy', I'm hoping for fewer 'card' games and more 'board' games.
mbmbmbmbmb
I ran into a situation tonight where an Earth Guardian attacked my Dragon Knight for 30 Hit Points worth of Melee damage. The Earth Guardian's "Slam" ability says that once damage has been dealt, the wounded creature is slid three squares. The Dragon Knight played "Seize the Opportunity" to prevent 10 Hit Points of that damage and also attack back with 20 damage to the now-tapped Earth Guardian.

Is this legal, or would the Dragon Knight not be able to attack back because he was slid out of Melee range?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mb
The result is pretty clear if you break down the order of things and don't shortcut it.

First, declare Earth Guardian slam attack.

Stack:
EG Attack

Then opponent reacts with Seize the Opportunity

Stack:
StO
EG Attack

Resolve top of stack. Seize the Opportunity deals 20 damage, prevents 10 damage from one source (EG Attack).

Stack:
EG Attack

IF Earth Guardian was killed, attack fizzles.
IF Earth Guardian is still on the battlefield, deals its damage - 10 then slide Dragon Knight 3 squares.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Koeppen
United States
Bellevue
Nebraska
flag msg tools
LEGO: Hopeful for new 'Castle' sets in 2015!
badge
Games: Regarding my favorite theme of 'Fantasy', I'm hoping for fewer 'card' games and more 'board' games.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. That's the way we played it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.