Subject: Question: Trading Great Seal and Ship rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Pole
Canada
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can the Great Seal and the White Ship be traded? It makes sense that the Captain and Changed cards cannot be; I see this quite similar to the Deputy card...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MikePole wrote:
Can the Great Seal and the White Ship be traded? It makes sense that the Captain and Changed cards cannot be; I see this quite similar to the Deputy card...

These aren't "Items" by the games definition. And since no provision is made to trade them, I would say no, they cannot be traded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Pole
Canada
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you trade the Patty wagon and the deputy's revolver then?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MikePole wrote:
Can you trade the Patty wagon and the deputy's revolver then?

Yes. Those are specifically called out as Items in the rules (p. 16 under "Insane or Unconscious in an Other World"):

Quote:
Important: When adding up items before discarding
them, count all Common Items, Unique Items, and
Spells. In addition, the Deputy’s Revolver and the Patrol
Wagon both count as items
. Allies, Skills, and other
cards do not count towards this total.

Though it is under an unrelated section, they are defined as Items. Items can be traded. So that is the same definition I think is lacking with the Great Seal and White Ship. But if they ever FAQed it to be Items as well, I could understand it.

Best to agree on how you want to treat it and just stick with it in all your games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Kiefer
United States
Fremont
California
flag msg tools
It's all about the theme!
mbmbmbmbmb
Patty wagon?

A police van (also known as a paddy wagon, Black Maria or police carrier) is a type of vehicle operated by police forces. Police vans are usually employed for the transportation of prisoners inside a specially adapted cell in the vehicle, or for the rapid transportation of a number of officers to an incident.

Patty wagon might be mobile raw hamburger maker. I'm sure other ideas might come to mind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Pole
Canada
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mageith wrote:
Patty wagon?

A police van (also known as a paddy wagon, Black Maria or police carrier) is a type of vehicle operated by police forces. Police vans are usually employed for the transportation of prisoners inside a specially adapted cell in the vehicle, or for the rapid transportation of a number of officers to an incident.

Patty wagon might be mobile raw hamburger maker. I'm sure other ideas might come to mind.

'MERICA; F-YEAH
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.