Subject: Kickstarter project for any interested HF fans rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Ells
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
Here the truceless armies yet / Trample, rolled in blood and sweat; / They kill and kill and never die; / And I think that each is I. // None will part us, none undo / The knot that makes one flesh of two, /
badge
Sick with hatred, sick with pain, / Strangling -- When shall we be slain? // When shall I be dead and rid / Of the wrong my father did? / How long, how long, till spade and hearse / Puts to sleep my mother's curse?
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/311605126/non-propellant...

Non-Propellant Propulsion for Space Flight: Transfer Scientific Fiction into Technological Reality for Space Travel

by Yung-Kang Sun

In case anyone is interested, I'm posting this here because the research & book proposal are related to High Frontier. I have backed this project at $40 for a softcover copy of this proposed book, otherwise I don't have any connection to the author.

I will avoid posting KS announcements here (or anywhere else) unless I feel it would be of interest to this audience and otherwise worthwhile. Thank you.

David
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ells
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
Here the truceless armies yet / Trample, rolled in blood and sweat; / They kill and kill and never die; / And I think that each is I. // None will part us, none undo / The knot that makes one flesh of two, /
badge
Sick with hatred, sick with pain, / Strangling -- When shall we be slain? // When shall I be dead and rid / Of the wrong my father did? / How long, how long, till spade and hearse / Puts to sleep my mother's curse?
mbmbmbmbmb
For anyone interested, here is what I found about Dr. Y.K. Sun's CV:

http://www.kickstarter.com/profiles/311605126/bio

"Biography

Dr. Yung-Kang (Derby) Sun is an independent researcher, STEM (Science,
Technology, Engineering and mathematics) educator at colleges and universities, and founder/director of Engineering Design and Development Group - a small scientific and engineering research, development and consultant business. He earned his Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, M.S. in Engineering Technology and B.S. in Mechanical Engineering.

Since the year of 2002, Dr. Sun has presented his researches in the subjects of space propulsion and energy technologies for future space explorations at various conferences at AIAA (American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics). AIAA (American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics) recently elected him as an Associate Fellow for the contribution of engineering researches and education in the aerospace and mechanical engineering fields.

His research interests are unique and breakthrough space propulsive
technologies, energy-harvesting technologies through dynamic and harsh
environments in space, and alternative and renewable energy systems for
planetary explorations."

www.aiaa.org

https://www.aiaa.org/SecondaryTwoColumn.aspx?id=14575&terms=...

"AIAA Announces 2013 Associate Fellows

179 New Associate Fellows to be Honored at AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting in January

November 1, 2012 - Reston, Va. - The American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA) is pleased to announce the selection of the AIAA Associate Fellows class of 2013. The 179 new Associate Fellows will be honored at the AIAA Associate Fellows Dinner on Monday, January 7, 2013, at the Gaylord Grand Texan Hotel and Convention Center, Grapevine, Texas, in conjunction with the 51st AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting.

To be selected for the grade of Associate Fellow an individual must be an AIAA Senior Member with at least twelve years professional experience, and be recommended by a minimum of three current Associate Fellows. By AIAA Region and Section, the 179 AIAA members newly selected to become Associate Fellows are:

North Texas: ... Yung-Kang Sun, Engineering Design and Development Group; ..."

Engineering Design & Development Group website:

http://eddgroup.webs.com/profile.html

"On June 11, 2006, Dr. Yung-Kang (Derby) Sun established Engineering Design and Development Group at Arlington, Texas. His vision of Engineering Design and Development Group is to provide an energized atmosphere for talented researchers to explore and develop radical breakthrough technologies in energy, space exploration and humanity.

On December 2007, Engineering Design and Development Group was registered as a small engineering and science research, development and consultant company in the State of Texas. Engineering Design and Development Group welcomes potential researchers and scientists to join the team to explore new fields and develop new technologies for energy, space exploration and humanity.

(c) 2010 Engineering Design and Development Group."

Hope this helps. I have contacted Dr. Sun for more information on his book and related projects.

David
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ells
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Funded!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/311605126/non-propellant...

"Congratulations! Thanks to you and 14 other backers, Non-Propellant Propulsion for Space Flight has been successfully funded!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.