Dungeon Command: Sting of Lolth» Forums » General

Subject: cards are really warped rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh Christensen
United States
California
flag msg tools
So my cards have warped really bad and it bothers me quite a bit. Does anyone know how to fix warped cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
László Horváth
Hungary
Veszprém
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With a few heavy books?
...and time...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mb
That's the part I hate about the storage box, the cards can't be stored in them properly once you've removed the wrapping for the decks, or they warp really quickly (like, visibly in the space of under a week).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Christensen
United States
California
flag msg tools
XDarkAngelX wrote:
That's the part I hate about the storage box, the cards can't be stored in them properly once you've removed the wrapping for the decks, or they warp really quickly (like, visibly in the space of under a week).

Cards warp depending on how they are stored? I didn't know that. I've been keeping my sentinels of the multiverse stuff stacked where they are standing straight up. Will this cause them to warp?

But for Dungeon command I didn't store them in the box they came in. I Sleeved them and put them in another box where they were laying flat. And they still warped. And what makes things worse is that the cards from Cormyr and lolth warped in a different direction then the cards from tyranny so when cards are combined it makes the deck do all sorts of weird things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John E
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This warping was a huge problem for me with both the first sets I bought (Lolth and Cormyr). In fact, it wasn't just the cards, the map boards were warping too. I left the cards and board tiles under a stack of heavy books for over a week. It pretty much fixed the boards but the cards just went back to warped within a day (note, this was just sitting out on a table, not back in the box so it wasn't the container warping them). I'm convinced there was a printing problem with some runs of the initial sets. My tyranny of goblins set isn't warped at all.

I think the only way to fix the cards (in my case at least) will be to leave them flattened for weeks. Hope you can get yours sorted out. It really is annoying to try to play with bowed cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
László Horváth
Hungary
Veszprém
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I admit, that this is very annoying. It even hinders gameplay. I had my Undead army opened yetserday, and the cards warping are even WORSE then in the first two sets.

I don't get it, how it's possible that a company with very much experience on cards - and after several negative feedbacks - can't fix this problem even in the fourth warband.

The map tiles are much better then the first set though...

Still, I'm suprised how low quality they maintain with the cards. I dare to say that these are the worst cards I EVER met.

Anyone has some news, if this will be solved in future sets at least?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Old thread, but *all* of my DC cards are warped -- if they were stored in the insert!

For long-term storage (ie. the game doesn't hit the table), scatter the cards on the bottom of the box. Place the cardboard sprue (or map tiles) on top of the cards, then the insert. The insert and sprue presses down on the cards. Over time, the cards will flatten.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.