Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Kremlin» Forums » General

Subject: All the Things rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
A couple of years ago I got to play a couple of games of this gem, and remember those sessions fondly.

So discovering that a new edition is actually in the works couldn't be a more welcome news

Reading around the forums I already like where this is heading, and the guys behind it seem to know pretty well what they're doing; so this might not be relevant, but it can't hurt to put it out there.

Speaking for the completist/collector tendencies in us all, have you folks behind the new edition considered including everything that is to find about the original Kremlin? I'm talking about the several "variants" that are listed in the GENERAL magazine. Are they worth it? Are there any others variants or additional material that the project could benefit from?

Wish you guys all the best!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
ASL ... yes, this is my Desert Island Game. If I have to give up all my 3000+ games and only allowed to keep one, this would be it. This bloody game stood the test of time. Around for more than 25 years - simply the best.
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
IMHO the basic Kremlin game is all you need.

I never liked the AH Kremlin: Destalinization Expansion or Kremlin: Revolution expansions, as they try to take that game seriously. Which is a completely wrong approach. Kremlin is all about making fun of the old party communists, and not about historical events. meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Hyer
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
The die is cast.
badge
You say OCD like it's a bad thing.
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Ron. This game is about fake Russian accents, sending people to the Siberia, and aging the characters rapidly with stress. I like the fake Russian names. I would not cheapen it with a dose of reality.

Ron & I are both completists, and I've never felt an urge to do anything other than play the base game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Dietz
United States
Sigel
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
PzVIE wrote:
IMHO the basic Kremlin game is all you need.

I never liked the AH Kremlin: Destalinization Expansion or Kremlin: Revolution expansions, as they try to take that game seriously. Which is a completely wrong approach. Kremlin is all about making fun of the old party communists, and not about historical events. meeple

The JRG edition's going for guns and butter on this.

Playing the original version will be doable--as will the Revolution-style. A third will be included with modern Soviet politicians and some other twists.

The events will be altered to fit the time period (but that's mainly a flavoring/naming thing)--but the whole thing of aging guys 50 years as a 'recon by fire' to see if someone has influence on a guy...yup, still there
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.