Subject: 1st time order from Game Depository rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Clare Marie
New Zealand
Nelson
Golden Bay
flag msg tools
The most beautiful things in nature stay that way because most humans are too lazy to ruin them ...
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.gamedepository.com

I've never bought from this shop before but they were the only place in NZ I could find who had Mice and Mystics, so I took a chance and ordered yesterday afternoon ..

Well, not only did I wake up this morning to a nice personal email from them saying my game had shipped, but even more impressive was that just a couple or hours later is was delivered! Beautifully gift wrapped, and with a little munchy treat I have no idea where they're based but I live in Golden Bay, where even 'regular mail' takes an extra day or two to arrive, so I'm seriously impressed by this - and wish I'd ordered King of Tokyo from them too since I just got an "oops we thought we had more stock" email from the other shop I went with *grr

Anyhoo they'll definitely be getting more business out of me, and I thought others might like to know, especially if you still have Xmas games to buy .. Highly Recommended!

*edited because it'll help if I spell their business name correctly lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian White
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the tip ...

... I just went and checked out Game Depository myself, and within a few minutes had spent $300 on seven new games and expansions.

Looks like Christmas is gonna come early this year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zak
New Zealand
Whangarei
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
That's been my experience with them as well - very efficient!

They're in the middle of a site redesign, so some of their categories are a bit wonky (like Miniatures) at the moment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Adam
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're going to spend that much I'd recommend checking out one of the US online stores.... but it'd take a little longer to arrive

DNAmers wrote:
Thanks for the tip ...

... I just went and checked out Game Depository myself, and within a few minutes had spent $300 on seven new games and expansions.

Looks like Christmas is gonna come early this year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hebart-Coleman
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have also had very good service (orders and replies to queries) as well. Tend to use them for most purchases, apart from the odd more obscure game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M B
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've also have excellent service from Games depository. Another recommended NZ company. We are lucky to have quite a few.

(Now if only we could get US prices!!!!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
madboyo wrote:
I've also have excellent service from Games depository. Another recommended NZ company. We are lucky to have quite a few.

While an isolated instance and not quite US prices, depending upon which NZ store you go to Star Trek Catan actually costs less to buy in NZ than it would to buy online from USA and not all that much more than it does at Target. Not all that often that I've noticed this sort of thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Holmes
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmb
Slight derail, but whats the absolute cheapest you can get Startrek Catan in NZ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clare Marie
New Zealand
Nelson
Golden Bay
flag msg tools
The most beautiful things in nature stay that way because most humans are too lazy to ruin them ...
mbmbmbmbmb
madboyo wrote:

Indeed!

The prices are still a sore point, especially when you're aware of what others in the hobby get for the price we pay for just one game; and yes it's often waaay cheaper to import, however I like to support local when I can ..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clare Marie
New Zealand
Nelson
Golden Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
j_holmes wrote:
Slight derail, but whats the absolute cheapest you can get Startrek Catan in NZ?

As far as I can tell:

$84 - Game Depository
$85 - Seriously Board (another company I LOVE)

- and $69 via the UK/ nzgameshop (who I recommend for electronic games), however this was the shop that just sent me the 'oops out of stock' email mentioned in OP, so hit & miss if they actually have it - they do offer free shipping tho so worth a try ..

*edited for typos
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Noble
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tankgrlnz wrote:
j_holmes wrote:

As far as I can tell:

$84 - Game Depository

- and $69 via the UK/ nzgameshop (who I recommend for electronic games), however this was the shop that just sent me the 'oops out of stock' email mentioned in OP, so hit & miss if they actually have it - they do offer free shipping tho so worth a try ..

*edited for typos

The other option for good priced games is our BoardGameRentals buyers club. Our members (who pay either $50 or $30 to join if already library members) get 30% off our retail price of new or 2/4/6 week rentals for their 6 month membership, for star trek Catan this would bring the price down to $72.47. The discount covers games in stock and special orders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Hope
New Zealand
Auckland
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tankgrlnz wrote:
j_holmes wrote:

As far as I can tell:

$84 - Game Depository

*edited for typos

I've had way to many bad experiences with NZGameShop now with board game orders. So much so, that I don't recommend anyone deal with them and their terrible customer service. They may be cheap, but when I've been sent the wrong game, been sent a smashed game, and been told twice after I have purchased that 'whoops, we're out of stock', it leaves a bit of a sour taste in my mouth. I won't make that mistake again. Seriously Board all the way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bishop of East Anglia
New Zealand
Christchurch
i actually live in Wellington
flag msg tools
I'm, I'm afraid there's been a mistake. The man who has been speaking to you is an impostor. He is not in fact the Bishop of East Anglia, but a man wanted by the police. I am the Bishop of East Anglia and anyone who doesn't believe me can look me up
badge
Golden Camel !!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Taegukki wrote:
tankgrlnz wrote:
j_holmes wrote:

As far as I can tell:

$84 - Game Depository

*edited for typos

I've had way to many bad experiences with NZGameShop now with board game orders. So much so, that I don't recommend anyone deal with them and their terrible customer service. They may be cheap, but when I've been sent the wrong game, been sent a smashed game, and been told twice after I have purchased that 'whoops, we're out of stock', it leaves a bit of a sour taste in my mouth. I won't make that mistake again. Seriously Board all the way.

Good choice. but you do realise Game Depository and nzgameshop are different entities (ie not at all connected in any way shape or form) entirely don't you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Hope
New Zealand
Auckland
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SamNzed wrote:
Taegukki wrote:
tankgrlnz wrote:
j_holmes wrote:

As far as I can tell:

$84 - Game Depository

*edited for typos

Good choice. but you do realise Game Depository and nzgameshop are different entities (ie not at all connected in any way shape or form) entirely don't you?

I do, yes. I was just responding to the mention of NZGameShop
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bishop of East Anglia
New Zealand
Christchurch
i actually live in Wellington
flag msg tools
I'm, I'm afraid there's been a mistake. The man who has been speaking to you is an impostor. He is not in fact the Bishop of East Anglia, but a man wanted by the police. I am the Bishop of East Anglia and anyone who doesn't believe me can look me up
badge
Golden Camel !!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Taegukki wrote:
SamNzed wrote:
Taegukki wrote:
tankgrlnz wrote:
j_holmes wrote:

As far as I can tell:

$84 - Game Depository

*edited for typos

I've found Seriouslyboard to be brilliant as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David and Natalie
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmb
SamNzed wrote:
Taegukki wrote:
SamNzed wrote:
Taegukki wrote:
tankgrlnz wrote:
j_holmes wrote:

As far as I can tell:

$84 - Game Depository

*edited for typos

Nah. They're rubbish.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krawhitham B
New Zealand
Napier
Hawkes Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
seriouslyboard wrote:
SamNzed wrote:

Nah. They're rubbish.

While it is good to poke fun at yourself, the very interesting story of Gerald Ratner springs to mind http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerald_Ratner#The_speech
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David and Natalie
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmb
Krawhitham wrote:
seriouslyboard wrote:
SamNzed wrote:

Nah. They're rubbish.

While it is good to poke fun at yourself, the very interesting story of Gerald Ratner springs to mind http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerald_Ratner#The_speech

Wowsers!

Sheffield Wednesday 1-0 Colchester United

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clare Marie
New Zealand
Nelson
Golden Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lol well despite "doing a Ratner" we all know that David & SB SERIOUSLY ROCKS - that's just a given

And look at that SB microbadge = sweet!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Walker
New Zealand
Tauranga
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tankgrlnz wrote:
lol well despite "doing a Ratner" we all know that David & SB SERIOUSLY ROCKS - that's just a given

And look at that SB microbadge = sweet!

Yes, picked up one of those.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.