monsieur jim
France
rueil malmaison
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
A friend and me, we created a small program to generate campaigns for Pocket Battles: Orcs vs Elves.

Originally, this project was just for us, but we've worked so hard and it took us some many hours that we decided to share it.

Warning: This tool is absolutely not a professional one. It was only made for having fun, tell a story around a PB game and offer little more challenge into battles. We would love to have some feedbacks on PocketCampaign but we can not guarantee any support. If questions come up often, I'll try to answer, but as this project meets the expectations we had at the beginning, I don't want, for now, to spend more hours on it.

In any way, I hope you'll enjoy playing Pocket Campaign and that will allow you to get out more often PocketBattles from his shelf. And do not hesitate to send us the results of your most bloody campaigns !

Finally, as my English is not very good, I had to resolve to offer you a partial English version. Everything you need to play has been translated (I hope... whistle) but many texts in french are still presents. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Pocket Campaign is a small campaigns generator for PocketBattles : Orcs vs. Elves.
It will provide all that is necessary for an infinite number of wars in six successive battles.
Will you play the invaders launched in a big forced march? Or the defender playing a war of attrition ?

Go ! Go ! Just print and play !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pascal bons
France
les moitiers d'allonne
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Works well with ubuntu/wine :)
I haven't check the print menu yet...
Very good idea, for a very good game !

EDIT : I've checked the print menu, it works under ubuntu 12.04/wine, you can also print in a ps file if you don't want to waste paper.

Again, great stuff !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
monsieur jim
France
rueil malmaison
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Merci beaucoup !thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bateson
United Kingdom
Ross-on-Wye
flag msg tools
Oi! Hands off...
mbmbmbmbmb
This is excellent!

The English translation isn't perfect, but it's plenty good enough to understand.

A really nice gadget.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
monsieur jim
France
rueil malmaison
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm still working on it (especially I hope to find a courageous translator who can give me a little help).

Merci beaucoup Ben ! 66

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved to Variants.

Looks like a nice piece of software - thanks for sharing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
monsieur jim
France
rueil malmaison
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Really cool to be a variant now !

Merci beaucoup Liam !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chema
Spain
León
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is absolutely great!!

Thank you very much!! thumbsup

P.S. You'll have to print the campaign in order to watch it at a readable size. You can print it to a .pdf file if you don't want to waste paper. For this, you can use a program like Pdf-Creator.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
monsieur jim
France
rueil malmaison
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes, it's a print and play tool. The onscreen version does not shows the rules, event tables, etc.

Merci beaucoup Chema ! bag

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
People around seem to absolutely love it!

How likely do you see having also a version for the other pocket battles games? Celts vs Romans and Macedonians vs Persians?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
monsieur jim
France
rueil malmaison
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
At the beginning, I had also thought of it. But the 2 other games deals with a real historical context. And I think a big part of the charm of Pocket Campaign is in the names, places and imaginary battles. The players who practise these 2 versions would certainly be outraged by my boldness if I dared to invent around these historic periods.
That said, almost nothing prevents to use PocketCampaign with these two games. It just requires some adjustments.
Finally, I thought I heard about a version about the American Civil War which is being prepared. An adaptation in this context could please me more !

Merci beaucoup DarkSOuL sauron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.