Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Athos
United States
Milwaukee
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone have any info on whether the existing and upcoming expansions are going to be released in English and when? It looks like they may have 2 additional cases currently and then a boxed set "Carlton House."

Is the boxed expansion a reprint or a completely new set of cases?

I got this information off the French Ystari website and Google translation... For some reason the English Ystari website does not include Sherlock Holmes.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I don't know about the english expansions, I guess it depends on the sales of the boxed set.

Here is the relases in french:

The boxed edition contains the 10 original cases, but they are sometimes heavily rewritten. Informations here http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/893749/english-copy-of-the-y... or here (contribution from french lead designer Yannick Mescam) http://boardgamegeek.com/article/9468894#9468894

The 11th case, "La rançon du Diable" is an all new one made by french author Thomas Cauet.

The 12th additional case, "La Piste tordue" was released this week. This case (The Tale of the Twisted Trail) was originaly printed in Mansions Murders. Ystari made the choice to release it separately because it doesn't take place in the mansion at all.

The "Meurtres à Carlton House" (aka Mansions Murders) boxed expansion will be released in a few weeks in France (hope before Christmas !). No informations yet on which case will replace the Twisted Trail...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
"The Murderer Lives at Number 221", written by Thomas Cauet, will replace the Twisted Trail on Carlton House Expansion.

source:www.ystari.com/mag/mag2.pdf, page 21
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Midlothian
Virginia
flag msg tools
Man is most nearly himself when he achieves...
badge
We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks so much for the update. Any expansion released with an English translation would be an automatic purchase from me. I waited so long for the reprint of the base game that I've been rationing the cases out to prolong the experience of the base game as much as possible. I'll hold out hope that English translations of the expansions become available.

I don't know about sales of the base game, but hopefully the renewed interest stemming from the recent films and television programs has helped (though I'll always be loyal to Jeremy Brett as the ultimate Holmes, myself!).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Henninger
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Most definitely thanks for the updates!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Christiansen
United States
Mount Pleasant
Michigan
flag msg tools
OOK! OOK! OOK!
mbmbmbmbmb
Any news on whether English editions of expansions are likely?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.