Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
14 Posts

War of the Ring: Lords of Middle-earth – Treebeard Mini-Expansion» Forums » General

Subject: Bend card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mikkel Øberg
Denmark
Virum
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just received the promo, and even though the figure looks awesome the cards were all bend and broken, because the figure was in the same bag. Then, all pressure on the bubble-parcel had been used to bend the cards around the figure.

It looks awesome, but I am saddened that the card is broken. Bring the tape then!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Holzhauer
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
Building the perfect game collection for our growing family
badge
Who knew Euro games could be thematic?
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine wasn't broken, but it was slightly bent (but not to the degree that I'd want an exchange).

Treebeard looks amazing, though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Larsen
Denmark
Søborg
Danmark
flag msg tools
That's right. I've got overtext, b****!©
badge
What did I just say?
mbmbmbmbmb
You SO need a laminatior for those situations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikkel Øberg
Denmark
Virum
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fodskammel wrote:
You SO need a laminatior for those situations.

Wise words.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered mine from BGG store, and the mini came wrapped in a bubble-wrapped cocoon, separate from the card, with everything together in a padded envelope. The card was mint, perfect condition (as is the mini). So just a heads up that it depends on who you order it from.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Long
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
You know, like, for realsies.
badge
Vaughn had always been a good student, but now it seemed as though he mastered his lessons too quickly.
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered mine from the BGG store and I did not get the mini wrapped in bubble. And my card was also horribly bent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikkel Øberg
Denmark
Virum
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyDollar wrote:
I ordered mine from BGG store, and the mini came wrapped in a bubble-wrapped cocoon, separate from the card, with everything together in a padded envelope. The card was mint, perfect condition (as is the mini). So just a heads up that it depends on who you order it from.

Also ordered from the BGG store, depends on who packages it apparently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Auger
England
Manningtree
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine turned up from the BGG store without any bubble wrap and everything was fine. Minor bend on the card but a few hours laid flat under something heavy - Valley Games edition of Titan - has done the trick.

Now, does anybody want the Frigg Promo for Yggdrasil or the Wings of Glory Promo?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
Gregaria wrote:
JohnnyDollar wrote:

Also ordered from the BGG store, depends on who packages it apparently.

Interesting. Looks like they need to upgrade their standards, consistency, training and oversight...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miikka Sohlman
Finland
Lahti
flag msg tools
I live in the city of Gulf, on the shores of Lake Water. This fun fact has nothing to do with this badge you're pointing at.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine (from BGG store) was also badly bent and dented because of the figure...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yiorgos Golfinopoulos
Greece
Patras
GREECE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have any of you contacted them? What did they say?
Adequate packaging is their responsibility after all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
modern life
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Just got mine today also. Treebeard was wrapped in bubblewrap and the card is perfect thankfully.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Johnson
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Appears they are now sold out of this promo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Jersey
United States
Rives Junction
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
harneloot wrote:
Appears they are now sold out of this promo

You can't get Treebeard separately. You have two order two of a limited selection of other promos and they'll add Treebeard for free. Order any two of these (yes, I had to order promos for games I don't own too) and they will ship the Treebeard mini expansion automatically.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.