Subject: Question - Dixit or Dixit Journey cards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jesse Carrasco
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
I have Dixit Odyssey and the Dixit 2 expansion pack. Since my Odyssey box can hold 3 packs of cards I'm debating on which set I should buy (original Dixit or Dixit Journey). Since the artists are different for the two games, I was wondering if people had a preference in terms of the artwork? Do you like one more than the other? I know this will all come down to personal preference but I am curious as to what others prefer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mateenyweeny
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Raks Raks Raks
mbmbmbmbmb
I would see if you can wait for the Dixit 3 box so that you wouldn't have the extra box (same cards as Journey) although I do love the first Dixit cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why would you want anything other than the original?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
New York
flag msg tools
I'll save you a seat at the table!
mbmbmbmbmb
Dixit Journey hands down. The artwork is amazing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Clensy
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the original Dixit (and Dixit 2) art best because the images are more open-ended - better for making a wide variety of stories.

I feel that many of the Journey cards, while pretty and whimsical in their own right, don't leave enough to the imagination.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.