Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roman Farraday
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In commemoration of the 10-Year anniversary of the game, the Epic Duels Forum is releasing a 10-Year Anniversary Fan Expansion to Star Wars Epic Duels. This collection of the 12 custom decks and 2 maps features the best fan creations over the past 10 years and will instantly expand your Star Wars Epic Duels experience. This includes characters from the films like Lando Calrissian and General Grievous and characters from the cartoons like Ahsoka Tano and Asajj Ventress.

Check out the project page on the SWED Wiki where you can easily access PDFs of the decks and maps as well as a VASSAL extension featuring all 12 custom decks and 2 custom maps. Happy 10th Anniversary Epic Duels!

http://epicduels.pbworks.com/w/page/60026281/10%20Year%20Ann...

(If you thought this was the announcement of an official sequel and are disappointed, I think this is as good a sequel to the game as you're going to get)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atticus Gifford
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's fantastic, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Lloyd
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
Canadian Game Design Award: http://www.fallcon.com/design
badge
Canadian Game Design Award: http://www.fallcon.com/design
mbmbmbmbmb
That is awesome!

You folks ought to consider making a deck on Artscow or some similar card printer.

Peace
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great compilation!

Roman, after downloading Ahsoka's deck, only the 1st page had material on it, the other 5 pages were blank.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roman Farraday
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chromaticdragon wrote:
Great compilation!

Roman, after downloading Ahsoka's deck, only the 1st page had material on it, the other 5 pages were blank.

I'm sorry to hear that but I'm not sure why that is. I tried downloading it and it all came out with no problems. Make sure you have the latest update of Adobe and all that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ned Ludd
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chromaticdragon wrote:
Great compilation!

Same here.

Adobe 9.5.2, Firefox 17 and IE 8 only show the first page, the rest are blank. File size 1,329,084.

IrfanView 4.27 displayed the first page then crashed trying to show the other pages.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
scott hagarty
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Ned Ludd wrote:
chromaticdragon wrote:
Great compilation!

Same here.

Adobe 9.5.2, Firefox 17 and IE 8 only show the first page, the rest are blank. File size 1,329,084.

IrfanView 4.27 displayed the first page then crashed trying to show the other pages.

Hey everybody,

Thanks for the kind words! If you can't get the individual PDF to load, try downloading the "Complete PDF" with all 12 decks. You can print page ranges to get the decks you want. Also, make sure you're updated to Adobe Reader XI. v9.5 is an old version, and may not be compatible with some of the PDFs. You can get the latest version here: http://get.adobe.com/reader/. Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke McCarthy
United States
Randolph
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to admit, I got pretty excited when I saw the title of the thread. Slightly misleading, I say! However, the content more than makes up for the lack of an actual sequel. It truly looks awesome.

That being said, I'm wondering what people do as far as physical representations of the expansion characters? Is there maybe another game or somewhere to get miniatures that look like (or exactly are) the characters involved? Cause that would be pretty sweet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roman Farraday
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Luke1705 wrote:
I have to admit, I got pretty excited when I saw the title of the thread. Slightly misleading, I say! However, the content more than makes up for the lack of an actual sequel. It truly looks awesome.

That being said, I'm wondering what people do as far as physical representations of the expansion characters? Is there maybe another game or somewhere to get miniatures that look like (or exactly are) the characters involved? Cause that would be pretty sweet.

The above picture depicts figures from the Star Wars Miniatures game by Wizards of the Coast. Figures can be found at gaming stores everywhere, at conventions, or on eBay. Costs of figures vary -- unique figures can range from $10-$30 -- but the most-known characters have multiple versions and if you're flexible, you can get most for $10 apiece. Minor-type characters tend to cost around $1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The War Chief
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
BRING ME THE HEAD OF SETH NEMEC!!!!!!!
badge
In Memorial: Abigail the cat. B:? D:12/24/13 You will be missed.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thunder wrote:
That is awesome!

You folks ought to consider making a deck on Artscow or some similar card printer.

Peace

I would definitely buy an Artscow version of this. You could fit two cards side by side on a standard size card and we could cut them apart ourselves. The end result is professionally printed cards of the correct size.

Update: Seriously, no interest in a Artscow version?whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tovarich Pizann
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
War Chief - if you are volunteering to do the heavy lifting on creating it, I'm sure there would be interest.

Please note that this is very much a labor of love, and a huge amount of man hours went into getting this thing to the point it's at now. As everyone who has contributed are working adults with lives and families of their own, no one has volunteered themselves as having the time to take all the work that has already been done, throw it out the window, and start over on a ground-up reworking of the material into formats necessary for a decent Arts Cow project.

There is a difference between interest and available resources.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The War Chief
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
BRING ME THE HEAD OF SETH NEMEC!!!!!!!
badge
In Memorial: Abigail the cat. B:? D:12/24/13 You will be missed.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry. Zero skill level in Artscow.

Just thought it would be a great idea to make the cards available in a professionally printed form.whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tovarich Pizann
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think anyone's arguing that point...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roman Farraday
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want to create an Artscow version, by all means, go for it! I'd be happy to help provide what you need but along with Rich, I don't really have much time to give to such a product.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Taylor
United States
Venice
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Springheeledjack wrote:
Sorry. Zero skill level in Artscow.

Me either - but I found a really cool program called Magic Set Editor that allows you to create cards pretty easily. It already has a bunch of ready-made templates (http://magicseteditor.sourceforge.net/).

I've done about 15 different decks at ArtsCow for about $5 each and been very happy with them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roman Farraday
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chromaticdragon wrote:
Great compilation!

I addressed this problem and Ahsoka should be print-able by nearly everyone now.

The wiki page is updated with both the 12-deck Custom Set as well as a Tournament Set with modifications to 7 of the original decks and 2 of the custom decks to make all 24 decks roughly equal in power level.

There are .PDFs and Vassal Extensions for both the Custom Set and Tournament Set.

Happy dueling!

Roman
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.