Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Franka
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The stat card for the Drow Wizard that comes in Sting of Lolth and the stat card for the promo Drow Wizard are exactly the same. The figures have different paint but otherwise are exactly the same. So, when we played, I was unsure whether to REPLACE the stock wizard with the promo, or ADD the promo wizard to the stock Sting of Lolth creature supply.

Looking at total HP of creatures in each pool, it comes out:

SoL/HoC/ToG/CoU

690/660/730/720

Adding the promo Drow wizard to the SoL pool instead of replacing him would make it:

720/660/730/720

Looking at level distribution of figures (which is also morale cost when they die):

SoL/HoC/ToG/CoU

34/34/36/37

Add the extra wizard to the pool and you get:

36/34/36/37

Given this, I'm likely to just add the promo figure to the SoL pool instead of using it to replace the stock one. I don't think it's going to woefully overpower the SoL team, but I'd be interested to hear anyone else's opinion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Merric Blackman
Australia
Waubra
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
Ramping up my reviewing.
badge
Happily playing games for many, many years.
mbmbmbmbmb
We don't use the stock builds. We build our own warbands, so there's no problem: it just gives us another piece to use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Franka
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I take it you then draft the order cards? How exactly does your group handle that? I can't remember if drafting rules are in the instructions or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Merric Blackman
Australia
Waubra
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
Ramping up my reviewing.
badge
Happily playing games for many, many years.
mbmbmbmbmb
No drafting. We each own multiple sets, and select from them the figures and cards we use. The maximum (per the rules) is four of any one figure in a set of 12 or more, and four of any one card, in a deck of 30 or more cards.

For instance, here's a warband constructed from my Goblin sets:

Creatures:
Horned Devil
3 Goblin Archers
4 Goblin Cutters
2 Goblin Champions
2 Hobgoblin Sorcerers

Orders:
4 Death Sentence
4 Forward the Horde
4 Goblin War Cry
2 Rally
3 Nimble Strike
2 Reinforcement
4 Grovel
3 Shattered Weapon
2 Strength in Numbers
2 Arcane Ritual

It's not a particularly good warband, mind you: I was testing the goblin hordes when I built it.

Cheers,
Merric
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph T
United States
Signal Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to add one drow wizard to the Cromyr set and one to the Drow set to boost their levels against the newer factions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[no use for a name]
Hungary
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm thinking about replacing one of the Hobgoblin Soldiers with the Drow Wizard. The goblin set has only one INT creature and I often end up with several INT cards and no Hobgoblin Sorcerer. Furthermore the Drow Wizard has DEX which is the main attribute of the goblin order deck so I think it fits very well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.