Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jordan " ; " Czop
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am wondering when or if there will be rules posted for this expansion?

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
I like elephants. I like how they swing through trees.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just announced yesterday... releasing next March (if even). I'd give it another month or so until we see any rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan " ; " Czop
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Grudunza wrote:
Just announced yesterday... releasing next March (if even). I'd give it another month or so until we see any rules.

Dang.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty McFly
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm wondering why there's a rule book in the expansion. Or, more to the point, what are the new mechanics that they are adding that require there to be new rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan " ; " Czop
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
martidem wrote:
I'm wondering why there's a rule book in the expansion. Or, more to the point, what are the new mechanics that they are adding that require there to be new rules?

At this point we don't even know if there is going to be a rulebook. It is too early to tell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan M
Canada
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
martidem wrote:

I'm just guessing, but wouldn't throwing a rule book into this expansion mean people can buy it and play it on it's own without needing the base game? Granted, it would only be 2 player, but it still gives people an option of what to buy without requiring they own the base game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan " ; " Czop
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mools wrote:
martidem wrote:

I'm just guessing, but wouldn't throwing a rule book into this expansion mean people can buy it and play it on it's own without needing the base game? Granted, it would only be 2 player, but it still gives people an option of what to buy without requiring they own the base game.

I think it is fairly common to add rulebooks or at least an insert/quick tip sheet explaining what is included in the expansion and/or any new mechanics to be introduced (if at all). I am sure you could buy this expansion stand alone but from what I have seen this game gets better with more people and with the "smashing" more and more decks together so I think there is a natural disincentive to buy this as a standalone; Also, if you know about this expansion you will likely only be interested in this title if you already have the base set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty McFly
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shikosaki wrote:
martidem wrote:

At this point we don't even know if there is going to be a rulebook. It is too early to tell.

According to the product description here on BBG, a rulebook is included with the expansion. I'm assuming someone at AEG wrote that...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty McFly
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mools wrote:
martidem wrote:

You could play with just the expansion, I suppose, but that would limit you to a 2 player game since there are only 4 factions, and you'd run through all the bases in most games. You'd lose a lot of replayablity with the limited options. Plus, you wouldn't have awesome combos like Bear Cavalry Pirates, or Killer Plant Wizards, or Ghost Zombies, or...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.