Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting. This game had seemed to sink into obscurity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Maggi
Italy
Rome
Rome
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's definitely it. Intrigo is a game that deserves much more than what it has achieved on the geek as of now IMHO, it's one of the few highly confrontational draft-based boardgames I've been playing so far, so the fact that FFG is picking it up it's definitely a great news.

When we play it though, I can't help myself from thinking that the whole setup of palace cards is just a way of avoiding a full fledged board to cut costs and make the whole package portable. The latter is actually a great achievement of the Hazgaard edition, but judging from the images on the FFG site it seems the box got immensely bigger without any kind of additional component for the game. It reminds me of the transition from the original AEG edition of Arcana to the revised edition by FFG, but in that case they did add a significant amount of cards to the game.

If things stay this way, despite the arguably fancier twist on graphic design the whole package will only be losing part of its advantages (not to mention that the cloth bag included in the Hazgaard edition seems missing from the listed contents of the game in the description page).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
patrick somers
United States
wyandotte
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
from the price point and box size it looks like its being repacked in a smaller box, like ffg did with coldwar: cia vs kgb, and hey thats my fish.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Franklin
United States
Milton
Washington
flag msg tools
He sees you when you're sleeping; he knows when you're awake ...
badge
He knows if you've been bad or good.
mbmbmbmbmb
zombie plumber wrote:
from the price point and box size it looks like its being repacked in a smaller box, like ffg did with coldwar: cia vs kgb, and hey thats my fish.

The previous edition was in a box the same size as FFG's Anima card games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Maggi
Italy
Rome
Rome
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zombie plumber wrote:

You're actually right, I missed that! It's probably going to be this way. Well, I guess I'll miss the cloth bag (never mind, I have a spare one to use), but thanks to you pointing out the most probable package/price the FFG edition of Intrigo has just rocketed sky-high on top of the no-brainer buylist!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Terrell
United States
Sarasota
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The fun part is that once you sleeve the cards from FFG's Masques, they only "sort of" fit in the box, even when the box tells you which sleeves you'd need to buy for the cards. If the rulebook had been formatted differently, the game could have fit inside a smaller long box, like Trivial Pursuit, or CAH does. Even a box that was at least two card-widths across would have been nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.