Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rick _ aka
United States
East Coast
flag msg tools
Oh, no,,, it's Déjà vu all over again!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Anybody have English rules for Mensch ärgere Dich nicht (Schmidt Das Beliebte Edition)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Husted
United States
East Hartford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought it was just Parchisi. It doesn't use the Parchisi rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick _ aka
United States
East Coast
flag msg tools
Oh, no,,, it's Déjà vu all over again!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I don't know, I can't read German. Doesn't Parchisi use 2 dice? This lists 1 die, in the instructions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Counselor Raja
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
It looks more like Aggravation or WaHoo to me, so you should be able to use the same rules. The most obvious difference is pawns substituted for the marbles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Heino
Finland
flag msg tools
mb
The English Wikipedia article seems to indicate that the basic rules are identical to the rules of Trouble, with some exceptions:

When moving is possible, it is mandatory:
In Trouble the player has always the choice of passing his/her turn. Not so in Mensch ärgere Dich nicht: If you can move, you have to move.

Rules concerning the Start (A) field:
If the player still have tokens out of play (on the B field), the Start field (A) must be cleared as soon as possible. In the case of a throw of 6, the player must bring a new token to the board.

The game starts with a game token on the Start field (Google translation of the official rules):

Each player receives 4 pieces of one color. He puts a stone on the A field of its color, the other three are on the same color B-fields are set.
-(http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=de&tl=en&u=ht...)

The English WIkipedia also says: "A player cannot be thrown out if he is on his "start" field".

(It would be nice if someone could confirm or refute that moving and bringing a new token into the game are mandatory if they are possible. These rules seems to give the player fewer decisions in the game.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.