Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Harry Rowland
Australia
O'Connor
ACT
flag msg tools
designer
I know that you determine supply when placing ops markers, but what happens if you place a move or combat marker on an out of supply stack but its in supply when its turn to move/attack? Are they still limited in their moves/attacks or can they move/attack normally?

thanks for any help.

regards
Harry Rowland

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Kriener
Germany
Düsseldorf
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Supply is determined at the moment of activation - that is at the instant the move/combat marker is placed.
Movement is simultaneous. So no space with a move marker can be put into supply by movemnt of other stacks.

Combat takes place after movement. Still the space marked with a comabt marker that was OOS at the instant the marker was placed is still in a state of OOS after all movement is finished since supply for the active player is determined at the instant of placing move/combat markers only. No matter how the situation on the ground changes during the action of the active player: supply status for the active player is determined at the instant move/combat markers are placed - and at no other instant later during the action of the active player.

Supply for the defending player is a different thing though. Spaces of the defending player that where in supply the instant the active player placed move/combat markers may be OOS after movement - and thus change combat strength FOR THE DEFENDING PLAYER ONLY.

I hope I could make myself clear. Sorry for my poor English ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Ferreira
Portugal
Porto Salvo
Porto Salvo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perfect explanation

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harry Rowland
Australia
O'Connor
ACT
flag msg tools
designer
Thanks Tobias, appreciate it.

regards
harry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harry Rowland
Australia
O'Connor
ACT
flag msg tools
designer
One last query. What about if the defenders are in supply at the end of movement but not after the advance after combat of another attack? IOW is it calculated for the defenders at the start of the combat step or the start of their combat?

thanks for this.

regards
harry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harry Rowland
Australia
O'Connor
ACT
flag msg tools
designer
So no one knows the answer? Carlos since you thought the last answer was perfect, is it possible pls to complete its perfection?

Thanks for any help.

regards
harry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Attila Felsen
United States
Encinitas
California
flag msg tools
mb
"During combat for the defender" seems to indicate supply is determined for each combat at the time of combat. Supply is determined just before you roll the die for that combat. Defenders may be placed OOS by prior combats against other defenders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.