Callan Finn
Australia
Sutherland
NSW
flag msg tools
Why would you name yourself after a car security device?
badge
Ever been hit in the face with a clublock? That's what it's like talking to me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Article 27 PBF#1 - "The UN Security Council" - GAME UNDERWAY - SETTING UP
Ok, everyone has had ample time (I think) to vote and decide what countries they want to play. Given there should be enough time to squeeze in a proposal for the weekend, I'll start handing out secret agendas and issues, and randomize player order.

A reminder:

Once the issues for the round are posted publicly by the mod, you are NOT allowed to discuss them, post bribes, etc, until the secretary has hammered the gavel - this signals the start of the 24 hour timer.

Just to be clear, that 24 hour timer is from the date the secretary hammers the gavel, and is not dependent on me or them for when it finishes (to signal the start of the NEXT negotiation phase, which is similarly static based off the original gavel hammer). If you happen to log on and see that the 24 hour mandatory negotiation phase has ended, and no one has indicated the start of the optional negotiation phase, please please please feel free to post a bold statement signalling that the optional negotiation phase has started - saves me having to do it if I'm not around.

edit: To be clear, we will be playing with secret influence totals, but we will NOT be recycling drawn issues, we will be using all 30 issues evenly each proposal, as the game is written in the book.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
Merlin
mbmbmbmbmb
mfl134 wrote:
clublock wrote:
clydeiii wrote:

Hey...another PBF mod I'd like you to try:

In the IRL game, you draw issues out of a bag. I actually don't like this mechanic at 6 because all 36 issues are out on the table somewhere and theoretically you can deduce them.

What if you assigned us each our six issues randomly?

For instance, you draw 6 for me, tell me, put those six back, shake bag, draw another 6 for STOODS, etc.

Those two things (issues and scoring) would, in my opinion, "fix" what is otherwise a perfect game.

I was thinking about this, actually. It certainly makes randomization easier, but isn't the point that there's an even distribution of colours? Personally, I'm not fussed, I'll go with whatever the group is happy with (I might make another poll)... but, you're right, the distribution is uneven in any game other then a 6 player game, so, why shouldn't it be uneven in a 6 player game?

Having not played before, I would prefer picking directly from the 30.
Why? Having never played before, you don't realize what you might be able to deduce in 24 hours. This isn't a deduction game, but a bluffing game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Callan Finn
Australia
Sutherland
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Proposal 1:

Issues this proposal:

Blue: [Ju]
Green: [Ju]
Black: [Po]
Red: [Pr]
Yellow: [Po]

Currently on the table:
Blue: [Ju]
Green: [Ju]

Currently on the floor:
-
Remember please DO NOT discuss these issues until the Secretary General (Adam) has swung the gavel.

Adam, when you are ready, please swing the Gavel (please highlight this in bold).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Baden
United States
Berkeley Lake
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
This looks really neat. Let me know if you have questions. I'll follow as you progress.
Dan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Callan Finn
Australia
Sutherland
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dogbreath wrote:
This looks really neat. Let me know if you have questions. I'll follow as you pregress.
Dan

Thanks Dan!

Ok, everyone, the secret agendas and issues for the first proposal have been PMed to each player. The mandatory negotiation phase, and timer, will begin when Adam uses the Gavel. Please do not discuss any issues/proposals/bribes until that time.

Game on!

Edit: A reminder, if Adams proposal passes, he gains 5 influence ontop of any influence he might receive/lose from issues.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam C
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Article 27 PBF#1 - "The UN Security Council" - Proposal 1 - awaing the GAVEL
Hey everyone -

Just getting caught up - didn't even realize there was a game thread until club GM'd me. I'll gavel the session tomorrow morning probably around 8:30am BGG time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam C
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Article 27 PBF#1 - "The UN Security Council" - Proposal 1 - awaing the GAVEL
club - thank you for getting this thing going and for modding our inaugural game. I'm really excited about this one and am looking forward to seeing how well it translates to PBF. This one looks like it will be kind of a bear to moderate so thanks for taking on that task.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stoodley
United Kingdom
Leeds
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm realising the downsides of being UK now...
I mean *in* the UK!!! awaiting the proposal - man I'm going to have to spend more time on BGG

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Callan Finn
Australia
Sutherland
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I just got back from my first real game of this today!
We played two games, both with 4 players. It was a TON of fun. I won the first game, but in the first game we were all getting used to the bribes, when to veto, how much to bribe, etc. We made some mistakes, and the reason I won probably was because I'd had more time to learn the rules and think about how the bribes work. Plus, I'm a shifty bastard, I let people bribe me to put proposals forward that were already massively in my favour.

The second game went much smoother, we all had a great feel for the game, and it went fantastic! I got second, lost by 2 points, was very close! So, I'm now super looking forward to modding this!

Acope27 wrote:
club - thank you for getting this thing going and for modding our inaugural game. I'm really excited about this one and am looking forward to seeing how well it translates to PBF. This one looks like it will be kind of a bear to moderate so thanks for taking on that task.

Not a problem - I don't see this being too difficult to mod, I've already pre-drawn all the issues for each proposal and recorded it, so, when the next proposal comes out, I just need to send that information out - the difficulty is with the colour formatting - but, I like pretty threads. Besides, didn't you mod my very first resistance PBF? I'm happy to give back to the community here, and besides, its FUN!

Quote:
I'm realising the downsides of being UK now...
I mean *in* the UK!!! awaiting the proposal - man I'm going to have to spend more time on BGG

ONE OF US, ONE OF US!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Buonocore
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Very excited to see you guys doing this!

I'll be watching your progress, just as Dan the Designer is...

Thanks,
Stephen M. Buonocore
Stronghold Games LLC
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stoodley
United Kingdom
Leeds
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've played this 3 times RL - easily one of my fave picks of the year - I'm interested to see how it works in an PBF situation. (Would definitely work over Skype)

A question for when we post - are there any "flag" images we can use?
(Might get a bit less confusing)

My words of wisdom from my 3 past games - never trust the Chinese delegate whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
Merlin
mbmbmbmbmb
Stoods wrote:
I've played this 3 times RL - easily one of my fave picks of the year - I'm interested to see how it works in an PBF situation. (Would definitely work over Skype)

My words of wisdom from my 3 past games - never trust the Chinese delegate whistle
Club, we could also use some BGG emoticons to represent the various elements of the game.

So like Blue Prestige is now Blue Bacon: indigobacon (or whatever)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
Merlin
mbmbmbmbmb
clublock wrote:
Actually, Clyde, I'ma go ahead and reserve America for you, if you want it.

...you're the most American person I've ever met online. And that's not necessarily an insult (although, it kinda is).

This game would feel weird to me if you weren't sitting back screaming "AMERICA!" at random intervals, probably laden with expletives
interesting. Most people here think I'm one of the least American people they know.

What's my tell?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:
clublock wrote:
Actually, Clyde, I'ma go ahead and reserve America for you, if you want it.

...you're the most American person I've ever met online. And that's not necessarily an insult (although, it kinda is).

This game would feel weird to me if you weren't sitting back screaming "AMERICA!" at random intervals, probably laden with expletives
interesting. Most people here think I'm one of the least American people they know.

What's my tell?

That ridiculous cowboy hat you wear and your extensive collection of NASCAR t-shirts, I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
Merlin
mbmbmbmbmb
And don't forget the full-sized Sarah Palin cutout in my bedroom.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
Stoods wrote:

I intend to use horribly stereotypical images of Russian things, no flags. Probably a bad Russian accent, too. Like so:

Russian Delegate demands meeting starts now. I have wery important issues for your considerings. You are making the beginnings now, yes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:
And don't forget the full-sized Sarah Palin cutout in my bedroom.

So strong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam C
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The delegation from Germany is honored to call this session of the UN Security Council to order. [*bangs gavel*]

Germany introduces the following resolution to the floor:

Germany is hopeful that we can work together to build a consensus for a resolution that can pass.

I look forward to our deliberations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Baden
United States
Berkeley Lake
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
clublock wrote:
Plus, I'm a shifty bastard, I let people bribe me to put proposals forward that were already massively in my favour.

That is the best situation to be in and a good reason to let others make the first suggestions for what to include. That is unless you dare propose things you don't want included to see who will object and potentially propose things you do want...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb

Russia is happy you have made meeting. Well done. Now will turn discussion over to mans who say English better for to make negotiate.

Adam, what sort of discussion might we have about bringing the blue issue to the floor with this resolution? I'm happy with what you have here, but adding Blue would certainly sweeten the pot for me and buy you a vote. Otherwise it's probably going to take a bribe to earn a yes vote on this one.

Does anyone else have strong feelings on Blue one way or the other? I'm open to discussion on forming a cohesive voting bloc and would be willing to talk about future considerations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zut allors! So much to considre.

Ze German proposes ze German colors. This is to be expected, non?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Logan
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Acope27 wrote:
The delegation from Germany is honored to call this session of the UN Security Council to order. [*bangs gavel*]

Germany is hopeful that we can work together to build a consensus for a resolution that can pass.

Let's get my veto out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Logan
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
mfl134 wrote:
Acope27 wrote:

Let's get my veto out.

I will accept bribes to consider this, but this proposal sucks balls for China.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
mfl134 wrote:
mfl134 wrote:
Acope27 wrote:

Let's get my veto out.

It must be a language barrier issue, but the Chinese delegate should be reminded that when someone sucks your balls it's generally considered a good thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
mfl134 wrote:
mfl134 wrote:
Acope27 wrote:

Let's get my veto out.

What are you looking for instead? Maybe we can come to some kind of agreement?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [29] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.