Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
Merlin
mbmbmbmbmb
djgutierrez77 wrote:
By the way...

Gavel bangs to close regular negotiation and open optional negotiation period.

Clyde, quit being a baby.
I'm not being a baby and by my count you aren't even close to this passing. What are you gonna do for me to get my vote?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:
djgutierrez77 wrote:
By the way...

I'm not being a baby and by my count you aren't even close to this passing. What are you gonna do for me to get my vote?

By my count half the game isn't even playing, which makes me give very few fucks about how this goes. I have Brady, myself, Adam, and Mike to vote yes. That reminds me.

1 to Mike to vote yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam C
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
djgutierrez77 wrote:
clydeiii wrote:
djgutierrez77 wrote:
By the way...

By my count half the game isn't even playing, which makes me give very few fucks about how this goes. I have Brady, myself, Adam, and Mike to vote yes. That reminds me.

1 to Mike to vote yes.

Yeah, it's very frustrating that only myself, DJ and Clyde are really involved. Maybe that's a function of the holidays, but it mirrors what was going on before the holiday recess.

DJ - I'm not sure if you have Brady's vote - he wanted blue in there I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
Acope27 wrote:
djgutierrez77 wrote:
clydeiii wrote:
djgutierrez77 wrote:
By the way...

1 to Mike to vote yes.

Yeah, it's very frustrating that only myself, DJ and Clyde are really involved. Maybe that's a function of the holidays, but it mirrors what was going on before the holiday recess.

That's right. We can get it, I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam C
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Club - if you're willing to run another game of this, for the next one we need to get commitments from people to be more active with discussions. This is a negotiation game so there needs to be a lot of dialogue for it to work and the forum is in many ways a more effective tool to facilitate that dialogue, but if people aren't participating it's impossible to accomplish much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam C
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Acope27 wrote:
Club - if you're willing to run another game of this, for the next one we need to get commitments from people to be more active with discussions. This is a negotiation game so there needs to be a lot of dialogue for it to work and the forum is in many ways a more effective tool to facilitate that dialogue, but if people aren't participating it's impossible to accomplish much.

I would also consider requiring that all 6 players be within a few time zones (maybe no more than 3 hours) from each other. I think Stoods being in the UK has disadvantaged him and made the game harder for everyone else. I don't think the same condition is necessary for the moderator (Club has done a great job moderating from Australia) but I do think it should be considered for the players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
Merlin
mbmbmbmbmb
So I'm confused.

Are we abandoning this game?

Replacing Stoods with someone from the US?

Just dropping UK all together?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Acope27 wrote:
djgutierrez77 wrote:
clydeiii wrote:
djgutierrez77 wrote:
By the way...

1 to Mike to vote yes.

I think I'm involved, I just don't fully understand and buy into the idea of demanding things go how I want them to and spending influence when my positive values are cancelled out by the negative values each round.

I could threaten vetoes and whatnot, but Clyde has already taken that role. I don't mean to be quiet (and you guys know I'm not) but I feel like I'm playing the best I can to the hand I've been dealt. I don't see why I'd offer 1 influence to the speaker in order to gain 1 point and break even.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Acope27 wrote:
Acope27 wrote:

I would also consider requiring that all 6 players be within a few time zones (maybe no more than 3 hours) from each other. I think Stoods being in the UK has disadvantaged him and made the game harder for everyone else. I don't think the same condition is necessary for the moderator (Club has done a great job moderating from Australia) but I do think it should be considered for the players.

My current colors are:
+5 - black
+3 - yellow
+1 - blue
-2 - yellow
-4 - black

Discuss.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i offer to bribe Russia 1 point to make this Blue and Black.

If things don't go my way, I'll throw a fit and veto.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Callan Finn
Australia
Sutherland
NSW
flag msg tools
Why would you name yourself after a car security device?
badge
Ever been hit in the face with a clublock? That's what it's like talking to me.
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:
So I'm confused.

We're not abandoning this game, but I'm concerned we haven't heard from Mike (much) or Stoods (at all). I tend to agree with Adam, in future games I think we should probably have people who can commit to regular posting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Azgard12 wrote:

(I also happen to think that once someone threatens veto, it makes others not really want to offer bribes.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
Merlin
mbmbmbmbmb
Azgard12 wrote:
Azgard12 wrote:

(I also happen to think that once someone threatens veto, it makes others not really want to offer bribes.)
Why?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
Merlin
mbmbmbmbmb
Azgard12 wrote:
Acope27 wrote:
Acope27 wrote:

My current colors are:
+5 - black
+3 - yellow
+1 - blue
-2 - yellow
-4 - black

Discuss.
This is a fantastic hand! I'd love to have it. Just act like you won't vote for black yellow blue and get people to bribe you to vote that way. And if it's green red, do the same thing. You likely have a secret agenda in this round, so push for that too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Logan
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Acope27 wrote:
mfl134 wrote:
clydeiii wrote:
I might but Mike and Stoods will need to chime in on their voting for yellow red blue first.

I'd need some points sent my way to vote yes to just about anything.

Red and Green would be my only exception to that.

This post confuses me. Are you saying that you wouldn't need points to vote for a resolution with red and green or are you saying there's no amount of points that would cause you to vote for a resolution with red and green?

I could do red/green for no points (neither given or taken). Anything else will require influence. (Anywhere from 2 to 5 depending on the proposal.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:
Azgard12 wrote:
Acope27 wrote:
Acope27 wrote:

My current colors are:
+5 - black
+3 - yellow
+1 - blue
-2 - yellow
-4 - black

Discuss.
This is a fantastic hand! I'd love to have it. Just act like you won't vote for black yellow blue and get people to bribe you to vote that way. And if it's green red, do the same thing. You likely have a secret agenda in this round, so push for that too.

I guess what I am saying is that I am learning this game. My lack of discussion is because I feel I have more to gain by listening and watching than I do by threatening when I feel for my personal style of play that I am better suited to sit back and wait for the right time to strike.

Yeah, I know it's frustrating when people aren't talking and wheeling and dealing, but I just miss what I'm doing wrong. I see opportunities I missed on round 1, but not since really...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Logan
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
clublock wrote:
clydeiii wrote:
So I'm confused.

We're not abandoning this game, but I'm concerned we haven't heard from Mike (much) or Stoods (at all). I tend to agree with Adam, in future games I think we should probably have people who can commit to regular posting.

I've been quiet this round because my board is similar to the one brady posted. I listed the one I would vote for.

Just saying, if anyone is making out like a bandit, I want to get paid.

typo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Baden
United States
Berkeley Lake
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
clydeiii wrote:

I'd agree with Clyde. This is a great opportunity to bluff for, or even against your secret agenda. You can also expect to get bribed to vote yes. You cannot lose any points this round and only stand to gain. It should not be that difficult to walk away with 3 or 4 points and a secret agenda (if any of yours are in this round).

But you need to be vocal if you want to get bribed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I WANT BRIBED.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dogbreath wrote:
But you need to be vocal if you want to get bribed.

(Earlier, I accepted kind thoughts and well-wishes instead of bribes. So yeah, I suck at this game.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I rescind my bribe for Russia to include Blue and Black in the proposal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Where are my bribes at?

Where are you guys at?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
What will you need for the current proposal, Monsieur Meathammer?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
djgutierrez77 wrote:

Hmm. I really don't like this red, yellow combo. Add black and we are talking. Otherwise, I believe my price to be too rich for your blood... 4 influence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
Azgard12 wrote:
djgutierrez77 wrote:

Hmm. I really don't like this red, yellow combo. Add black and we are talking. Otherwise, I believe my price to be too rich for your blood... 4 influence.

That's too much, I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  25 , 26 , 27 , 28 , 29  Next »  [29] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.