Subject: Question on Allies spending CAPs on Turn 1. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Herron
United States
Johnson City
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Never play block wargames with a dentist, they have those little mirrors to peek behind the block.
mbmbmbmbmb
13.1 The first scenario

In turn one I understand the Allies can spend one CAP "up north". The Allies have four CAPs for this turn. Does this mean The Allies are able to spend the other three CAPs on any hex south of hexes 66 and 76? The rulebook isn't very clear about this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Grey
United States
Mechanicsville
Virginia
flag msg tools
I am also confused by the the manner in which the rules are written vs. the fact that the French are given 4 caps on GT 1, 3 of which it appears they can not use? None of the errata I have seen to date clears this up. Can anyone help?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Martin
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps we've got different printings of the rules, but my 13.1 says that hexes 66 and 76 cannot be activated at all, and that you may only activate ONE of the following hexes: 62, 54, 46, 45. So, if you decide to activate the Belgian army in 62, then the units in 54, 46, and 45 will not be able to be activated on turn 1.

Presumably the other 3 CAP will be used to try and achieve the Allied Mandated Battles in Plan XVII hexes using troops that start in e.g. hexes 77, 87, 97, 104. Of course you could also use CAP on the handful of territorial divisions that start out by the channel coast. You could even use additional CAPS to activate a hex OTHER than 62, 54, 46 or 45 into which units from one of those hexes moved (in other words, if the BEF in hex 45 is your "northern" CAP activation, and you move units into hex 44, those units in 44 could be activated on a subsequent CAP expenditure, since that is not one of the 4 limited hexes listed).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.