Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Williams
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings,

Just bought the game and it looks great. However, I can't seem to find the rules for the Grand Scenario (1805-1815), just the shorter scenarios. The rules make a few passing comments about it (e.g. 12.1), but no actual setup in the Play Book. Am I overlooking something here? Can some kind soul point me in the right direction please?

Cheers
Rob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Haggett
United States
Riverside
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The setup is under 21.2.2 "1805 3rd Coalition Campaign Scenario on page 16. Victory conditions follow 20.1 and 20.2. The 1805, 1809, and 1813 campaigns end at Winter 1814.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Williams
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, yes. I also missed the bit at the top left of page 17 where it states 'Short' Scenario Victory Conditions. That logically means that you've also got the option to play the 'long' scenario out to the winter of 1814.

Thank you, much appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kisner
United States
Windsor Heights
Iowa
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Is there also a 1792 campaign? I thought this game covered 1792 to 1815.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Williams
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately, there isn't (I was also looking forward to that possibility). According to the Designer's Notes, Mr Thomas stated:

".... Another common request was to include the French Revolutionary period in the game; the two periods are quite different and require a real effort for the publisher to provide them within the same box. Eventually we decided to split the two periods without including a big scenario from 1792 to 1814 as it appears too specific and too many special rules were needed. Of course, players are free to try! ...."

In the future, I'm hoping that Mr Thomas (or someone at Compass Games) can come up with some additional rules that can join these two periods together, as a free downloadable extra.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Haggett
United States
Riverside
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a short campaign scenario covering the first coalition, 1792-1797. Smaller scenarios cover the 1798-99 campaign (including Bonaparte in Egypt), and the tutorial covers the 1800 campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
seb sit
msg tools
I'm quite disappointed by the scenarios included. There is not a grand campaign 1792-1814, a 1800-1814 campaign, only two short campaigns. I think compass games could have advertised better.
To call it "from valmy to waterloo" It's almost a fraud to its customers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn Engqvist
Sweden
Goteborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
I think that is an overstatement. You can play 1792-1797; 1798-99; 1800; 1805-1814; 1815. That seems like enough to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.