Subject: Set Up rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Erick Sais
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When setting up the game do players get cards equal to thier hand limit or do you start the game with no cards and get dealt 3 cards in the Intrique Phase?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin 'Rocky' Robertson
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
Now a Sarf London boy!
mbmbmbmbmb
No cards and you get dealt 3 in the Intrique Phase

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Harris
United Kingdom
stevenage
hertfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also a weird little thing in set up is (as far as I can work out) you still have a upkeep phase in first turn. So you hand out starting amounts of money only to immediately change it.
As the amount gained/lost by each player is completely fixed at this stage , I'm not sure why they didn't just change the starting amounts and say skip the first upkeep phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Jorgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
jorum wrote:
Also a weird little thing in set up is (as far as I can work out) you still have a upkeep phase in first turn. So you hand out starting amounts of money only to immediately change it.
As the amount gained/lost by each player is completely fixed at this stage , I'm not sure why they didn't just change the starting amounts and say skip the first upkeep phase.

GF9 answered that it was made this way, so people get used to that part of the game from the start. Also it opens for a (rather rare) strategy where people could get rid of a gladiator, if they want more money for the first auctions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.