United States
Thompsons Station
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Theme Me
mbmbmbmbmb
From the expansion as seen on the facebook page... this is getting me amped for the expansion!!!

"Today we present our second sneak peek at one of the new game cards from Spartacus: The Serpents and the Wolf the forthcoming expansion set for Gale Force Nine’s Spartacus: A Game of Blood and Treachery.

The Primus is the grand event, the finale to the games. To provide combatants to this event is highest honor for a Dominus. To fight in the Primus is the goal of every Gladiator!

Spectacle of Blood and Death is one of the ways an Arena Phase may become a Primus event. A Primus is a grand melee where two Gladiators are matched against another team of two. The Host will invite multiple Houses to provide combatants in order to create the competing teams. Bitter rivals may find themselves fighting side-by-side, seeking favor and reward during these brutal contests. Because of the prestige of position in the Primus, Gladiators battle with honor and purpose; but there are a treacherous few who many turn on their teammate when the opportunity arises! Glory on the arena sands is to be seized during the Primus, where the mettle of every man is tested and true champions are forged!

Add more Gladiators, Slaves, Equipment, Schemes and Reactions along with two new Houses to your game and battle in two-on-two team combat in the Primus event in Spartacus: The Serpents and the Wolf expansion. Next week we’ll offer another sneak peek of the expansion set here on our Facebook page! Look for Spartacus: The Serpents and the Wolf in early 2013!"
~from Spartacus Board Game Facebook page

Also one of the new Gladiator cards was shared...

You remember this guy from the show right?

Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Romeo
Canada
Chicoutimi
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmb
Still wondering how the primus will be set up!!! Must it be 4 different houses? Probably!

And what are the victory conditions! How can a gladiator turn on his teamate and what are the consequences!!!

Still it looks AWESOME!!!

I think the main flaw with the base game (which I LOVE one of my favorite) are the Scheme card which can become flat a bit! More, nastier cards with more twist and cool effect will be welcome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gale Force Nine LLC
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
Every Friday we post a new card from the expansion set to our Facebook page at www.spartacusboardgame.com.

As well as The Egyptian and A Spectacle of Blood & Death we have previewed Priestess of Juno, Segovax, Ball & Chain, Twist the Knife and Nasir.

Each week we post a poll, asking fans to choose from a list of three cards to decide which preview card we'll post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.