Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Dexter
United States
Warwick
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can this be used with other sets? I see Odyssey can be up to 12 players but Journey is only 6. Aren't they basically the same game?

Scott
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
mbmbmbmbmb
scottder wrote:
Can this be used with other sets? I see Odyssey can be up to 12 players but Journey is only 6. Aren't they basically the same game?

Scott

There aren't 12 unique player pieces (score tracker/voting tokens) in Journey. Also, mixing Journey with the original game won't help as I believe the player pieces are the same color. If you want to play 12 you will either have to own Dixit Odyssey or make your own player pieces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The ruleset for Odyssey is theoretically a little more streamlined for 12-player play, although honestly I've never used them myself. The pictures are all interchangeable though, yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Dexter
United States
Warwick
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I was planning to pick up Odyssey tomorrow, could I just throw allt he cards together (gaming night is busy this week, 8 players!). As long as it remains flexible that would be great.

Scott
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. The art styles of the two games are different but it's not really a detractor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Dexter
United States
Warwick
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eeeville wrote:
Yes. The art styles of the two games are different but it's not really a detractor.

Thanks, should be fun getting this to the table this weekend!

Scott
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.