6 Posts

Necromunda» Forums » General

Subject: Painting and modeling guide rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Los Schaboss Dragon
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, does anybody know if this guide was really only 8 pages long and featured only 2 conversions ?

i found only this info by Gunless Ganger on warseer :
"Necromunda Painting and Modeling. It's printed in color on magazine style paper - I think it was included in the basic box set.

The cover shows a close up of the Custom built GW studio terrain and a group of Cawdors battling Orlocks.
Page 1 and 2 are a painting and conversion guide showing how to assemble and paint the plastic models in the basic set and some examples of weapon conversions.
Page 3 shows a couple of "advanced" conversions including a Cawdor with a Bionic eye and leg, and a Van Saar Leader/assassin. It also shows all the building from the box assembled and set up.
Page 4 shows scenery from 2 box sets combined and basic scenery mounted on wood/cardstock with extra basing details like broken pipes and rubble.
Page 6 gave instructions on making custom platforms out of cardboard that would fit into the existing bulkheads.
Page 7 shows two pictures of complete boards of studio-made terrain.
The back page has photos of a selection of painted miniatures from every gang showing different color schemes."

Any cool terrain ideas in it ?

It seems to be ultra rare never seen a copy for it...

LSD

Should have bought this when i still could.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Parsons
United Kingdom
Rochford
Essex
flag msg tools
We few,we happy few,we band of brothers;For he today that sheds his blood with me Shall be my brother: be he ne’er so vile;And gentlemen in England now-abed Shall think themself accurs’d they were no here That fought with us upon Saint Crispin’s day.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yippity

everything as you described .
I just been and checked my copy...

cheers

mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C
United Kingdom
Lymm
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't realise that it was that rare I picked up a copy last month from ebay for £1.59
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Day
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The guide was definitely included in the original box set. It wasn't very big; 8 pages sounds about right.

The painting guide itself is standard fair for most of the step-by-step guides made available in GW rule sets. Prime, base coat, etc. etc.

The conversions are neat as are some of the paint schemes, but nothing outstanding, especially when compared to some of the conversions and paint jobs I've seen on various forums (Warseer, Dakka Dakka, and BGG).

The custom terrain is high-quality, scratch-built stuff. Neat to look at, but not terribly new if you've seen some of GW's other in-house terrain. Lots of industrial bits and bobs with a few skulls and aquilas. I suspect you've probably seen cropped photos of it in the original core rule books and in the other supplements GW put out for the game.

I hope that helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Los Schaboss Dragon
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes that helps !
Now i feel no burning need to buy it. Which is good.
But i still am interrested in the conversions. Sadly if never got around to look at them...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Los Schaboss Dragon
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bought the book two days ago. it seems that i am a necoaddict....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.