Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Davis
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
I saw there is a randomizer card for Cupertino...but in the list of new Wonders, I'm not seeing a board for Cupertino. Is there a board that just isn't listed? Or was the card created by itself?
Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRonimo!
mbmbmbmbmb
Cupertino is the special wonder included in the 7 Wonders companion app for iOS
Its function varies based on Apple's stock price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Davis
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jozxyqk wrote:
Cupertino is the special wonder included in the 7 Wonders companion app for iOS
Its function varies based on Apple's stock price.

I'm aware of what it is and does. I'm just not sure why there is a card for it, if there's not a physical board for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRonimo!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd guess because the creator wanted a 100% complete set of randomizer cards for every Wonder that exists.

Personally I use the ios app for randomization (and reference) but not for scoring; maybe some people don't like to use the ios app for wonder-randomization either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Davis
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was actually hoping that they had made a physical version of the Wonder. I don't actually understand how a digital-only wonder works if you're playing with other people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRonimo!
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be difficult because I think the app actually queries the stock price.
I have played with my ipad on the table, it takes up a tiny bit more space, but everything lines up and it works just fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Stuart
United States
Riverside
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We figured that for the people who do own that board, they would want a way to include it in their randomization. As such, it would be silly NOT to include a randomizer card. That would be like not including the cards for Catan or Manneken Pis, which are the 2 other promotional boards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacek Deimer
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm curious if they wan't to release Cupertino in carboard form in the future or it will stay exclusive to ipad. It bothers me even more bacause there are PnP versions of other promo wonders (Catan and Manneken Pis) on Repos site, but not Cupertino...

If I remember correctly Cupertino has only 2 versions: High (+3gold, opponents lose 3gold), Low (+1gold, opponents lose 5 gold). It would be easy to implement - just check the apple stock and choose right board! Or just choose random one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Stuart
United States
Riverside
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reid666 wrote:
I'm curious if they wan't to release Cupertino in carboard form in the future or it will stay exclusive to ipad. It bothers me even more bacause there are PnP versions of other promo wonders (Catan and Manneken Pis) on Repos site, but not Cupertino...

If I remember correctly Cupertino has only 2 versions: High (+3gold, opponents lose 3gold), Low (+1gold, opponents lose 5 gold). It would be easy to implement - just check the apple stock and choose right board! Or just choose random one.

Cupertino is actually a 3-sided board.
High, Low, and B (or A, I can't remember which)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Romasanta
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wizcreations wrote:

Cupertino is actually a 3-sided board.
High, Low, and B (or A, I can't remember which)

There are actually 4 "sides" to Cupertino:

Side A, when stock is high:

Side A, when stock is low:

Side B, when stock is high:

Side B, when stock is low:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Stuart
United States
Riverside
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I posted my last comment, I had yet to see the 2 B sides. I have seen it since then, but thanks for giving all 4 screen shots in one place!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.