Blountville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Nothing to see here
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the Development Diary Entry Uwe mentions the following:

Quote:
A major from the US Army spent time at our offices the past two days discussing CoH and changes that he would like to see to simulate in-battle misinterpretation of battlefield intelligence. This can include IV terrain features (satellite photos show an open field with a clear covering line of fire, which turns out to have a shallow dip across which enemy units can move unhindered) or mis-judging enemy unit emplacements, etc.

We came up with a very simple and cool system that I will be posting information on soon. (I feel evil in the air!! hahahahahaaaaaa....) This proposed optional card deck and battlefield chaos rule set will NOT change the base rules and can be used by players for all games.

So, have the "Battlefield chaos" rules been implemented into this game? I don't see anything about it listed on the product page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Siskin
United States
Playa Del Rey
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe those new rules have been published, or maybe they will be in the future. I just think it's uber-cool that actual military folks are making suggestions for the system and that we will eventually have those rules.

Go Uwe!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Dinkel
United States
Los Alamos
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the sound of the optional card deck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Dinkel
United States
Los Alamos
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just thought of something: Will the optional "chaos" deck be available for purchase separately, or only with Guadalcanal?

It doesn't affect me as I am getting Guadalcanal for sure, but this might be of interest to other players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse LeBreton
United States
Kingsford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the sounds of it, its probably going to be a deck you can use for any COH gamebox.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keegan Fink
United States
Havertown
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lebatron wrote:
From the sounds of it, its probably going to be a deck you can use for any COH gamebox.
I REALLY hope this is the case. It would be fun to spruce up old Storms of Steel scenarios, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.