Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
leigh gregurke
Australia
salisbury heights
south australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have had the first edition of War of the Ring sitting unplayed for a while and at times tried to dig into the rules but found them a little challenging in their presented written form. I picked up the second edition card upgrades and downloaded the second edition PDF, will there be any challenges in regard to my components or contents not matching up with the second edition rules or will they be fine to use?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristofer Bengtsson
Sweden
Kävlinge
flag msg tools
War of the Ring: Official FAQ Master! Webmaster of www.warofthering.eu
badge
- This is My Hour!
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have the Upgrade Kit it will work perfectly.

The one thing you will be missing is the Gollum figure, but it isn't a must have for the game to work.

For additional info check out www.warofthering.eu
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shelfwear
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in the same boat, I've the 1st edition, upgrade kit, Lords of ME and the Treebeard promo. I'm just missing the Gollum mini which originally was released as a promo from Spielbox magazine (and found its way into the 2nd ed). I hoped that it would be included in the upgrade kit or in Lords of ME.

Any idea where I could get one Gollum mini? I know you dont need a mini but my completist itch is starting again...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Rose
United States
Walnut Creek
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shelfwear wrote:
Any idea where I could get one Gollum mini? I know you dont need a mini but my completist itch is starting again...

The only place you're going to find the official gollum figure is through auction sites at ridiculously inflated prices (unless some nice sole is willing to let theirs go on the cheap).

I managed to score one from Spielbox magazine, but they've since run out of extras.

If you really want a figure to represent Gollum, I recommend going with one from Games Workshop. You could also use the one Lego put out for the Hobbit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.