Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
16 Posts

Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition) – Lair of the Wyrm» Forums » General

Subject: Any skill spoiler rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
clarence
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone able to post any skill spoiler from the 2 new class.

Still waiting for my copy to arrived.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
You've seen the FFG site previews here and here I take it?
Those already spoil starting gear/skill and 6 of 8 experience skills for both classes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
clarence
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to know the full list. hee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin REEVE
Switzerland
St-Légier
Vaud
flag msg tools
Looking for a game session in Switzerland? Send me a pm!
mbmbmbmbmb
whipko wrote:
I would like to know the full list. hee
You should buy the expansion, as having the full list would allow you to play those skills without acquiring it. Hee.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
Expansion arrived (shop I ordered them from did holiday break before getting mine out -.-), so here's the rest. Can't believe one of you USian slackers who surely got their stuff before me didnt do it yet.

Champion:
Gets 2 more cards that seem actually pretty crucial to their whole Valor ressource management subgame.
Inspiring Presence (1 Exp), is another combo valor generation/valor outlet card. The generation half is insanely good, basically an Avric-style aura to get Valor on surges. The outlet aspect is mediocre though, Champion spends a valor for someone in 3 to reroll a Will test. Not even any attribute test, just Will. Maybe useful is some quests like Cardinal 2 (or hidden rooms), and don't have my base box on me right now to check what various traps are resisted with, but I think mostly not-Will. (edit: ooh, Dark Charm)
Stoic Resolve (2 exp), for anyone in 3, spending valor now gives a fatigue back, like what. The whole Valor engine now actually is quest/race relevant, not just combat relevant. Seems strong.

Geomancer:
Nothing new to his core engine, all his key pet-related stuff was already spoiled.
Earten Anguish (1 exp), plain ole 1 fat blast attack, but originating from a stone (and killing that stone). Not quite as user-friendly as the Runemaster analogue I guess, but can serve the purpose of not being blocked at entrance. Main problem (before getting more skills so you can have more stones): cant interrupt your activation with a pet activation, so casting your only stone then blowing it up loses you a pet attack.
Gravity Spike (3 exp), 2 fat action exhaust to draw one monster group 2 fields toward a stone and do 1 dmg to any that end adjacent. Obviously weak as a damage skill, and questionable as action denial crowd control (cant cast stones far enough away that monsters now wont be able to attack), but good to draw monsters TO you, be it to gather them for AE spankage or to cost them distance in a race. Probably more useful than just another nuke thats only marginally better than a 1 exp variant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
This is now new class discussion thread.

Regarding Earthen Anguish: Remind me if we consider non-central figures in a blast radius to also be "targeted" or merely "affected"?

If only the latter, Anguish doesn't snyergize with the basic familiar benefit (since the attack targets the stone, not a monster adjacent to it). No bonus surge, no resonable mass immobilizing until you have your faux-mastery in Ley Line.
Hmm. Probably better off with Quaking Word for actual control, but may still need this for entrance clearing depending on group makeup. Or may tolerate waiting 1 exp for Molten Fury but I think one may want the skills for all 3 pets asap, so only Anguish would fit in pre-interlude. Also, Fury needs a surge to blast.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morthai Saichor
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
my projects: The Silken Threads Descent Campaign; Dawn of Civilization Mod
mbmbmbmbmb
Champion Class:

Worn Greatsword wrote:
Melee, 2 Hands Blue, Red, Surge: +1 wound, before rolling dice you may spend a fatigue to add a surge to the result.

Horn of Valor wrote:
Exhaust this card to give another hero within 3 spaces a valor token

Valor of Heroes wrote:
Whenever you kill a monster using a melee weapon gain 1 valor. All heroes may spend a valor before rolling dice to add 1 wound to their attack result.
Cost: 0 Fatigue.
0XP

Inspiring Presence wrote:
All your attacks with a melee weapon gain: surge: exhaust this card = all heroes within 3 spaces gain 1 valor. All Heroes within 3 spaces may spend a valor to reroll a willpower attribute test.
1XP

A living Legend wrote:
Exhaust this card to reduce the amount of wounds you gain from an attack by 1 per valor spend up to a maximum of 3 valor.
Cost: 1 Fatigue.
1XP

Glory of Battle wrote:
Each time you defeat a monster within 3 spaces each hero within 3 spaces gains a valor. All heroes may spend 1 valor on each defense roll to add 1 shield to thier result before the dice are rolled.
1XP

Motivating Charge wrote:
Action: Exhaust, move up to your speed, perform an attack with a melee weapon. If you defeat the target of that attack, each hero within 3 spaces may either gain a valor or recover a fatigue.
Cost: 2 Fatigue.
2XP

No Mercy wrote:
After the overlord completes a monster group activation a hero within 3 spaces of you may spend 2 valor and exhaust this card to immediatly perform an attack.
2XP

Stoic Resolve wrote:
If a hero within 3 spaces spends a valor, he recovers a fatigue.
2XP

For the Cause wrote:
Add 1 brown defence die to your pool (even if exhausted). Exhaust this card if you or an adjacent hero is attacked and spend any amount of valor. For each valor spend add 1 grey defense die to the defense pool of the target of the attack.
Cost: 1 Fatigue.
3XP

Valorous Strike wrote:
Each time you gain a valor you may instead place a damage token on this card. After one of your attacks with a melee weapons deals at least 1 wound (after defense dice), you may exhaust this card to deal X additional damage equal to the number of wound tokens on this card. Remove afterwards all wound tokens from this card.
3XP

The Geomancer Class:

Starts with:
Stasis Rune wrote:
(Magic, Rune) - Ranged, 2-handed - Blue & Yellow Dice - 1surge:+1heart // 2surges:immobilize

Terracall wrote:
(cost of 1 fatigue) - Action: Exhaust this card to place a Summoned Stone in an empty space within 3 spaces of you. While this card is exhausted, one of your Summoned Stones may perform an attack during its activation (using one of your equipped Magic weapons).

Summoned Stone wrote:
(Familiar) - Speed 2, HP 2, Brown Die Defense - This familiar is treated as an obstacle, but may be targeted and affected by any attack (even from heroes). You cannot have more than 1 Summoned Stone on the map at a time, unless an ability allows it. Each of your attacks targeting a monster adjacent to a Summoned Stone gains 1surge.

Skills that can be purchased:
Stone Tongue wrote:
(1XP) - You may have 1 additional Summoned Stone on the map at a time. Your Summoned Stones now have a Speed of 3. In addition, each of your Summoned Stones adds 1 additional gray die to its defense pool.

Quaking Word wrote:
(1XP) (cost of 2 fatigue)- Action: Perform an attack with a Magic weapon. This attack gains: "1surge:each monster figure within 2 spaces of a Summoned Stone tests perception. Each figure that fails is Stunned".

Earthen Anguish wrote:
(1XP) (cost of 1 fatigue) - Action: Exhaust this card to perform an attack with a Magic weapon targeting a space containing a Summoned Stone (ignoring range and line of sight). This attack gains Blast. After the attack is resolved, the Summoned Stone is defeated.

Molten Fury wrote:
(2XP) (cost of 2 fatigue) - Action: Perform an attack with a Magic weapon, measuring range and line of sight from a space containing a Summoned Stone. This attack gains: "Burn // 1surge:blast".

Ley Line wrote:
(2XP) - You may have 1 additional Summoned Stone on the map at a time. While you are within 3 space of any 2 Summoned Stones on the map, you may exhaust this card before any dice are rolled to either add 1shield to your defense results or 1surge to your attack results.

Ways of Stone wrote:
(2XP) (cost of 2 fatigue) - Action: Exhaust this card to remove your figure from the map and place it in an empty space adjacent to a Summoned Stone. While this card is exhausted, each of your Summoned Stones may add 1 additional gray die to its defense pool.

Gravity Spike wrote:
(3XP) (cost of 2 fatigue) - Action: Exhaust this card to choose a monster group. Move each figure of that monster group up to 2 spaces toward a Summoned Stone. Each monster figure that ends this movement adjacent to a Summoned Stone suffers 1heart.

Cataclysm wrote:
(3XP) (cost of 2 fatigue) - Action: Exhaust this card. For each Summoned Stone on the map, perform 1 attack with a Magic weapon, measuring range and line of sight from a space containing a Summoned Stone. After resolving an attack, remove the Summoned Stone from the map.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morthai Saichor
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
in my eyes the champion is really damn stronk! so much utility and so low fatigue costs. really neat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
Morthai wrote:
in my eyes the champion is really damn stronk! so much utility and so low fatigue costs. really neat.

His abilities are cheap, but you have to get valor tokens on to him in order to use them. That's the trickier part.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morthai Saichor
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bleached_lizard wrote:
Morthai wrote:

His abilities are cheap, but you have to get valor tokens on to him in order to use them. That's the trickier part.

easy as hell, check out my 1n1 against ackbar, inspiring presence and the horn alone can dish out some serious valor:

http://boardgamegeek.com/article/11150007#11150007

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the horn say "give a valor to a hero within 3 spaces" or "give a valor to another hero within 3 spaces"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morthai Saichor
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bleached_lizard wrote:
Does the horn say "give a valor to a hero within 3 spaces" or "give a valor to another hero within 3 spaces"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Morthai wrote:
bleached_lizard wrote:

Okay, just checking, cos that's not what your post above said originally. Thought you might have been giving valor tokens to yourself a little too easily!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morthai Saichor
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oh yeah missread the horn a bit - have to look after that the next encounters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
enric portell
msg tools
mbmbmb
Im from spain, so i cant get the expansion in my language yet.
I have been looking all the "opening box" videos in youtube to start taking a look what there is inside (i want it! i want it aaaa)
I saw specially a card in the OL deck, but not for the punisher, its called "the wyrm queens favour". I'm really courious about what this card is and what it does. Could someone explain me what the card does?
thanks and sorry for my english, i have to practise it more

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
elenri wrote:
Im from spain, so i cant get the expansion in my language yet.
I have been looking all the "opening box" videos in youtube to start taking a look what there is inside (i want it! i want it aaaa)
I saw specially a card in the OL deck, but not for the punisher, its called "the wyrm queens favour". I'm really courious about what this card is and what it does. Could someone explain me what the card does?
thanks and sorry for my english, i have to practise it more

It's a card you receive as a reward for winning one of the quests. It allows you to place a master Hybrid Sentinel on the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.