4 Posts

Ticket to Ride Map Collection: Volume 3 – The Heart of Africa» Forums » Rules

Subject: Ferries rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This seems to be the first Ticket to Ride game with Ferries (routes with Locomotive symbols on some spaces) marked on the map but with no mention of Ferries in the rules.

I assume that this was an oversight and that it was intended for the game to use the same Ferry rules as in Ticket to Ride India:
Quote:
Ferries
Ferries are special gray routes linking two adjacent cities across a body of water. They are easily identified by the Locomotive icon(s) featured on at least one of the spaces making the route. To claim a Ferry route, a player must play a Locomotive card for each Locomotive symbol on the route, and the usual set of cards of the proper color for the remaining spaces of that Ferry route.

Since the Ferries are always gray in India (as noted) and in Africa, "the proper color" can be any color at all (with locomotives allowed as wild cards for the remaining spaces).

In particular, I assume that the following rule from Nordic Countries does not apply:
Quote:
Any three cards can be used as a substitute for a Locomotive card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Hafen
Germany
Bonn
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ferries were first introduced in Ticket to Ride: Europe, and the rules should be the same as in both Europe and India. I hadn't even noticed they were missing in the Heart of Africa rules. Either a mistake or they assumed familiarity with the game. Nice catch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Savi
Finland
flag msg tools
By now people hardly look what is in the rule book. Ferry is a ferry. My wife and I always play with the ferry substitute rule like they are in Nordic Countries. 3 colours = 1 ferry in Europe, India, Africa and Nordic. Sometimes the play would be too difficult without that rule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Keuler
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Confirmed with Days of Wonder - yes those routes are Ferries with normal Ferry Rules to apply. The Nordic addition does NOT apply in Heart of Africa.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.