Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
T.W. McLain 3
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I had a four player game planned but only two of us made it. Overall seemed a very balanced and fun game but for one issue in combat: speed. I attacked my adversary and he chose to exhaust his speed line first, which meant he could no longer move. This Used up his first wound line which is not good overall of course, but we found it unrealistic in the combat phase. It didn't matter if he could move or not, since I would have to engage him to push the combat sequence forward. Am I missing something? It seems to me if you cannot move during combat there should be some kind of penalty, or maybe combat needs some sort of facing paradigm. I guess my question is does movement break the combat aspect of this game? Does it get better with three or four players?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Borders
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From what I recall, its not possible to give up all of any stat. So if you have a speed of 5, defense of 4, and a attack of 4 and took 5 damage, you could lose up to 4 speed before losing it from the other dice stats. You will always have at least 1 of each stat die unless you are defeated or decapitated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Harris
United Kingdom
stevenage
hertfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Speedbump858 wrote:
From what I recall, its not possible to give up all of any stat. So if you have a speed of 5, defense of 4, and a attack of 4 and took 5 damage, you could lose up to 4 speed before losing it from the other dice stats. You will always have at least 1 of each stat die unless you are defeated or decapitated.

Correct. You cannot voluntarily reduce a stat to 0 unless there is no other choice.

With regard to having higher speed, it works out an advantage as you very often can attack twice for every enemy attack.

Example if A is faster than B:
(1) A wins initiative - move in, attack. B attacks
(2) A wins initiative attack, move away. B can't attack
(3) Back to 1.

And in this game getting in first hits is very advantageous anyway as it immediately impacts enemy ability to fight back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T.W. McLain 3
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah that makes sense- thanks guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Romeo
Canada
Chicoutimi
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmb
It can be even better!! You trap him in a corner, win the initiative, let him go first, he cant reach you (not enough speed) and cant run away (trap in the corner no where he can move out of your range). So he move, you move in, attack, win the initiative again, attack, move out, he cant do nothing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.