World of Warcraft: The Boardgame» Forums » Rules

Subject: Does reroll apply to ANY dice? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
daman whodaman
msg tools
Question 1.
correct me if i am wrong.
When have a skill or a card that says ONLY re-roll X this means can re-roll any dice in combat? right?

Question 2.
correct me if i am wrong.
When have a skill or a card that says add x dices AND re-roll X this means can re-roll only those type of dices shown on this card? right?
thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Pavitt
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: silly question on the rules.
Look at the colour of the symbol for the dice. That will tell you which dice can be rerolled. see also the sidebar on page 29.

In this picture, the Wrathtide Bow gives you 5 more blue dice, and lets you reroll all the blue and red dice that come up a "1". Obviously, the bow doesn't give you any red dice, you must already have them in your pool from some other source.

Remember, you can only reroll a particular die once, so if you also had a reroll value of say, 2, and rolled a 1 and two 3s with the bow, you could use the bow's power to reroll the blue 1 and your reroll to throw the 3s again, but you can't reroll the blue 1 and then roll it again if you don't like the new value.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
daman whodaman
msg tools
sorry my English is bad, but my question was bit different to your response.

Look at this link of the character build http://boardgamegeek.com/image/144389/world-of-warcraft-the-...

Paladin has a skill to re-roll ANY 1 die so that can be a failed green,red or blue dice.

In the case of the pic above.."Heroic Strike" The re-roll is for only that red die or just as the paladin she can re-roll 1 blue or green with that skill?

Simply asking; Does the term used Re-Roll + X on a card mean that you can Re-Roll any die of your choosing not specific to that card necessarily?
Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Daneman
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, "Heroic Strike" says "Add a RED die to your pool and gain REROLL +1". This means you add a red die to your dice pool AND you can re-roll an extra die (of any color) during your REROLL phase. REROLL is simply a stat that says how many die you can re-roll during REROLL phase, it's not specific to die color.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
daman whodaman
msg tools
Thank you! I am clear on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Pavitt
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's right, REROLL applies to any dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
Confirmed. "Reroll" applies to any of your dice.

(Drakkonblade, if you want to be awesome (which you want, trust me), then you can change the subject line of the original post to something like "Question about reroll" or "Does reroll apply to ANY dice?" or something. Makes it easier for others when they look through the rules forums.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.