Popular Tags: [View All]
David Kiehnhoff
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Two questions that came up for us on sentry:

Sentry: 'You may advance 1 space on the wall if you are not in first place there."

1. Does "first place" include tied for first place? We reasoned yes based on another card saying "alone in first place" implying that you can also be together in first place. It would also be easy to reason that if your marker is on the furthest forward space below another marker, you are in second place, not first.

2. Does the 1 space move come in addition to the normal move "once" per turn or does it replace it? One could reason that "once" means once and only once or that the Sentry breaks the normal rules by allowing a bonus move. We played it that the player who had the active Sentry could use the Sentry to move 1 space and then pay 1 AC to move another 1 space (or 3 AC to move another 2).

Thanks!

edit: to correct 'GC' to 'AC'

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roel van M.
Netherlands
Tilburg
The Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
louper wrote:
My interpretation is that there is only one person in first place on the wall - the person on top of the front-most stack. If you're in the front-most stack but not on top, you aren't in first place (and therefore may advance using Sentry). I wouldn't base my decision too much on similar wordings on other cards - cards with the same intent in this game have been translated to have slightly different wordings, and in general the English translations are pretty poor.

If you use the sentry, you can still pay 1 AC (not GC) to advance 1 space, 3 AC for 2 spaces, 5 AC for 3, and so on, regardless of whether or not you've already used Sentry.

These aren't official responses, but this is how I would rule in these situation.

That's what I think too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no tied on the wall. If you are all on the same spot, top-most person is 1st.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.