Popular Tags: [View All]
Mooseared Ferenczy
United States
Athens
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Re: BSG V60 - Revelations: Alpha - East
I'm confused. Where is the giant rules update everyone is referring to? I haven't been at my comp much all week, so I think I missed a lot of somethings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
j0frenzy wrote:
I'm confused. Where is the giant rules update everyone is referring to? I haven't been at my comp much all week, so I think I missed a lot of somethings.

First page, second post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
markino wrote:
Pegasus CIC should be able to target the RB if you're going to allow Weapons Control...

And what about nukes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mooseared Ferenczy
United States
Athens
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmb
TDaver wrote:
markino wrote:
Pegasus CIC should be able to target the RB if you're going to allow Weapons Control...

And what about nukes

Ah thanks.
Can I propose a change to D'Anna or are we currently in a 'no debate, just vote' mode?
Edit: I voted in the polls, but I voted a 'none' in the second poll because I have never actually interacted with the Rebel Basestar, so I can't really give a strong opinion on what costs should look like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deniss Zilajevs
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TDaver wrote:
markino wrote:

And what about nukes

May be 1-2 - damage; 3-5 - damage twice; 6-8 - destroyed. if destroyed - everybody on it - executed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Mold the chaos into something beautiful
mbmbmbmbmb
Some thoughts from me, regarding Faith, which I didn't realize bugged me until you asked me about Blind Faith in V50. Skill Check Abilities should be 0 value and should affect Skill Checks. Prayer Heard should not be a skill check ability nor should Blind Faith. Neither actually affect the skill check itself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mooseared Ferenczy
United States
Athens
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmb
oriecat wrote:
Some thoughts from me, regarding Faith, which I didn't realize bugged me until you asked me about Blind Faith in V50. Skill Check Abilities should be 0 value and should affect Skill Checks. Prayer Heard should not be a skill check ability nor should Blind Faith. Neither actually affect the skill check itself.

Protect the fleet doesn't really effect skill checks. Nor, in a broader sense, does any of the reckless abilities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, you're right on PTF and I knew I was forgetting one. But all of the others do.

But PTF does use the skill check to cause something to happen, unlike both Prayer Heard and Blind Faith, which just themselves cause something unrelated to happen. PTF requires other stuff in the check to make it trigger.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
oriecat wrote:

Have you seen the new BF?

And I cannot change PH, it's needed for Faith to work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Mindy. Never thought about it that way before, but it makes sense. Higher Power should be the 0, then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
markino wrote:
I agree with Mindy. Never thought about it that way before, but it makes sense. Higher Power should be the 0, then.

Now you are just breaking what aint broke... There needs to be the most of HP, and it needs to be useful by itself for Humans (as cylons has its action...). Are you suggesting to break the value-slot patterns too?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Depends on how consistent you want Revelations to be. The current system is not broken, I agree. But it would be a shame to not follow established convention.

I think it's worth thinking about, even if it's not a high-priority change.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
markino wrote:
But it would be a shame to not follow established convention.

Yeah, that's where I'm coming from. I agree most of it works currently, but if we want it to feel like a real skill deck, it should work the way the others do (except Piloting, which is an odd duck).

I'm gonna play with it this weekend. But ignore me for now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
oriecat wrote:
I'm gonna play with it this weekend. But ignore me for now.

That I can most certainly do.
Ideas on the more "acceptable" changes? (RB, mostly)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bob dole
msg tools
mbmbmb
The 1 thing that seems like a good idea is that everything must cost at least 1 trust.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bob dole
msg tools
mbmbmb
Also would you please change it to something other than East and West? I just know I'm going to get this confused with v52
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Loke
Canada
Richmond
British Columbia
flag msg tools
BUT MY DREAMS THEY AREN'T AS EMPTY
mbmbmbmbmb
darthbalmung wrote:
Also would you please change it to something other than East and West? I just know I'm going to get this confused with v52

This. It's not even sorted geographically.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I put the results on the poll into my magic mayan 8-ball, and the results are in:

- the offensive ability's cost will be reduced to 0.
- changing the condition is kept as a chainable action.

I'll update the post when I have the time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlo Gozzi
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
Winner of Cards against humanity's first ever Tabletop deathmatch!!
badge
Ïa! Ïa! Cthulhu fthagn! Ph'nglui mglw'nfah Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fthagn!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, apologies everybody and to David as well... I was expecting this game to be a test of the much needed new colony features and nothing else. So the "extra" came as a shock rather than everything else...

Take it as i am too passionate about Revelations

More constructive thoughts now:

Good call for the condition status...

Is the whole trust token really mandatory?? Can you just simplify further... just use the action sapce at they are according to the condition status? (some modification is probably needed there but still)

Otherwise, Sean's idea of having a minimum cost of 1 is excellent, give some sort of value to the title... restictions might be needed but over restricting it will only resolve of not even bothering to use the RB features anymore...

Not sure where you're going with the whole CCW 4.0 currently minus the obvious changes for the RB movement & hit possibilities

Are you sure about the nuke-8 result??
You're bringing the beast (& 4 extra damage slots) to colony (which is anti-themed), giving more power to nuke resutls and on top on it 8 blows everything?
I have the feeling that we're back to the colony human safe heaven here...

Damage is the main victory option for cylons but throwing everything to prevent that... not sure it's the right call as you deny them of their main option. Think carefully on this, you're wiping out the entire map of raiders... way too broken... you're giving a chance to the human to negate the cylon of their main victory option and congrat them for not taking care of all the raiders on the main board for the whole game knowing that on a SP, MB, Calculations & Helo's OPT of 8 with a nuke, all their mistake is forgiven... wrong, very wrong

You should add: on the 8 result, increase the HoF by one for each 3 raiders removed from the main board or for each damage already on Galactica & Pegasus or a severe penalty for wiping everything...

OH is never used and as far as i can recall i had the opportunity to use it only once and wesnt another way so even increasing it with food option... mehh...

It's always overprotected by humans anyway as their fear it... ok

So maybe then do something like action: chose ANY resource to go down once... It still will be never possbile to use it but at least the human will fear something out of it

Not sure about PC anymore...

5 titles now... i have the general feeling that the game is getting more and more overloaded with titles... not buying it anymore

You could simply add the possibility of playing with options: for instance, not using CCW and using the Best & PC title up to colony and so on...

The idea is to custom your gaming session with features that you want to try and maybe not try to force everything to work together and be overwhelm with all options...

Best exemple i can give is Akrham Horror: you never play with everything but customized the features you want to play for a session and just play diffrently from session to session

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mateusz Kominiarczuk
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, that may be the thing, Carlo.

Revelations is huge. It brings much and more variety to the game. Faith is great and seems "core", even if it still needs some tweaks here and there. Along with Treachery, it does wonders for humans and Cylons alike.

The Colony is fun endgame, but kind of like New Caprica - it's going to be "special" (not to say that it won't be better!), like an Arkham Horror scenario with variant rules and specific setup. That's probably the most accurate analogy.

On the other hand, Cylon Civil War... I like it, I certainly do - but I'm inclined to go with Carlo on this one: either Rebel Basestar (more power to the President) or Pegasus (with Commander - more power to the military; maybe add a rule that PC may start the game in Pegasus CIC?), and maybe regardless of which one is used - either use it from the very start, or from the first jump. My vote is for "use them from the start" (with Nomination at the end of Setup).

I'm not certain how I feel about the Cylon Models - they may be local "No Sympathizer" (and would have to be buffed to original D'anna's level of "a bit too strong") also suggested for crazy games like "Rebel Basestar + Pegasus" (sounds like an option for 6-7 players, but not 5, really). If they stop being the Rebel Basestar's balancing counterpart, RC might be open for some slight tweaks as well.

How do you feel about it all?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
What I listend to from Carlo's long post:

Nuke 8 is nerfed.

cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
ZsuEtAm - Baltar
Vufer - Helo - F L T
Vorpalgens - Apollo - P P L
jpg87 - Kelly - F L T
oriecat - ???

Mindy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, it seems real life caught up with Mateusz, so he wants to trade his place with a friend of his,
Stanisław Krawczyk
msg tools
mb
as a Life Model Decoy.

He played with CCW before, but not the other stuff in Revelations.

Since I intended this as a "pro" update of Revelations, I have some reservations, but I'm unable to be mean to anyone, so unless one of you has objections against a semi-newbie, I'll let him in

Opinion?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlo Gozzi
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
Winner of Cards against humanity's first ever Tabletop deathmatch!!
badge
Ïa! Ïa! Cthulhu fthagn! Ph'nglui mglw'nfah Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fthagn!
mbmbmbmbmb
TDaver wrote:

Nuke 8 is nerfed.

cool

Still an overload of titles / ideas but my "main" 2 concerns were adressed so i can test this set up with a clear conscience robot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Vorpalgens wrote:
TDaver wrote:

Nuke 8 is nerfed.

cool

Still an overload of titles / ideas but my "main" 2 concerns were adressed so i can test this set up with a clear conscience robot

I aim to please
I want to see the overcrowding once, then see where it goes from here.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
trust me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7  Next »  [70] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.