Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dale Hurtt
United States
Huachuca City
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a situation today. I had two units firing at one and the first's fire caused a critical - Anti-Gravity Surge - moving the unit back to the baseline and out of range and LOS from the second firer.

The question is: what happens to the Weapon System cards played for that second combat?

Two possible answers I see are: they go back to the respective players' hands, or they are discarded. We chose the latter as they are basically "committed" in the prior step and it seems the intent is that fire is committed before seeing the results, so you can easily get overkills.

I was just wondering what the official answer is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Borg
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mb
The weapon system card is discarded...
The target unit is no longer in a position that can be targeted, from the example as stated.

Richard Borg
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Hurtt
United States
Huachuca City
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Richard. That is what I thought (and what we played). Which means the card that the target played is also discarded, correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.