Patrick Tondl
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So the rulebook says that the OL draws only three Rumor cards at the start of the campaign. I don't know how many campaigns you play but I think this restricts the opportunities to play the new content.
Would it be that big of a difference for game balance if the OL starts with all the rumor cards?
Imagine you play an entire campaign, then you setup the next one and the OL draws the same three cards which is not impossible since there are only 6 cards total. This will leave you with 20 hours of gameplay again before you might get to see the new cards in action.

What do you think?
I think I d house rule it this way...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
Pathor wrote:
So the rulebook says that the OL draws only three Rumor cards at the start of the campaign. I don't know how many campaigns you play but I think this restricts the opportunities to play the new content.
Would it be that big of a difference for game balance if the OL starts with all the rumor cards?
Imagine you play an entire campaign, then you setup the next one and the OL draws the same three cards which is not impossible since there are only 6 cards total. This will leave you with 20 hours of gameplay again before you might get to see the new cards in action.

What do you think?
I think I d house rule it this way...

Three of the rumour cards are optional quests, and the other three are things the OL can use to impede the heroes. If you allow the OL to have all 6 rumour cards every campaign, then he will always have all of these cards to make the heroes' lives harder.

So you are worried that the OL might *possibly* end up with the same cards from one campaign to another? How is allowing him access to every single card in every campaign going to increase the variety?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Tondl
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I prefer to play a campaign in which I lose as heroes but can discover new content. I d say the variety is in any way limited with 6 rumor cards.
I think it will increase the variety because the OL can then chose to play the rumor cards according to the situation and not to what he drew.
Rumor cads do not always make the heroes lives harder there are rewards for the heroes as well so playing a rumor card can be more beneficial to the heroes than to the OL in some cases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
Pathor wrote:
I prefer to play a campaign in which I lose as heroes but can discover new content. I d say the variety is in any way limited with 6 rumor cards.
I think it will increase the variety because the OL can then chose to play the rumor cards according to the situation and not to what he drew.
Rumor cads do not always make the heroes lives harder there are rewards for the heroes as well so playing a rumor card can be more beneficial to the heroes than to the OL in some cases.

Have you read all of the rumour cards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Tondl
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah I read them now. I see what you mean... You are right.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.