Subject: 7 Player Maps rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josiah Leis
United States
Merino
Colorado
flag msg tools
I spent 100 GG and all I got was this stupid overtext.....
mbmbmbmbmb
A quick forum search hasn't revealed anything, but I was wondering if any of the more creative people out there have designed any maps for 7 players? Or played an games with that number? While the rules don't technically allow it I'd think it'd be easy to do. Just build a bigger map and play for 7 turns, just wondering if anyone had tried it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Thompson
United States
Marion
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm guessing that would require use of Underground and Small World both - and at that point, just play two separate games. The downtime would be unimaginable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Mack
United States
Santa Fe Springs
California
flag msg tools
designer
Lefty / Happily Married / Parent of 2 Girls / Christian / OCBG Member
badge
Smack dat Ghoulie, Mr. Trolla!
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't seen any actual maps posted anywhere yet.
People are playing with 7 or 8 players in various combinations of set/expansions, because they are talking about it in various forum threads, but so far no pics.

I tried it once and we didn't finish. But that wasn't the best game because of personal issues at the table.

The most concrete I have heard is to use the Tunnels expansion to connect the 2 3-player boards or the 2 4-player boards. But obviously that wouldn't be using Realms...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shalom Craimer
Israel
Givat Zeev
(Near Jerusalem)
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
I've played 7 players with a 6 player variable map and the Necromancer Island expansion. It allowed giving a meaningful position to that one player who wanted to mess with everyone, while keeping all 7 player at the same game (which was something they all insisted on).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Mack
United States
Santa Fe Springs
California
flag msg tools
designer
Lefty / Happily Married / Parent of 2 Girls / Christian / OCBG Member
badge
Smack dat Ghoulie, Mr. Trolla!
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, we just played a 7-player game on Sunday, with the custom Realms map for 5-7 players.
I'll try to get my play information posted soon, but let me say that it went pretty well. We used the "Board Game Time" iPhone App to keep our turns to 2.5 minutes or less, and at 8 turns, with 2 new players we still only played for 2.25 hours! I thought that was pretty good, and the map was nice and tense the whole time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.