Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Neuroshima Hex! Babel13» Forums » Rules

Subject: Two Neojungle medics rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
PMD
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello there,

Today I came up into the scenario, where two Neojungle medics where connected (actively) into matrix. One of those medics was attacked. Is it obligatory that the other medic takes this hit or may that hit be ascribed to the attacked medic?

mfG
P.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It seems like this is not a Neojungle-specific question: doesn't the same question arise if a medic is linked directly to a second medic, and that second medic gets hit?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Marvosh
United States
Boise
ID
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the phone implementation that is the only version I have played, a medic that has not been hit in the current initiative phase always takes the hit, even for another medic.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PMD
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:
It seems like this is not a Neojungle-specific question: doesn't the same question arise if a medic is linked directly to a second medic, and that second medic gets hit?


On the contrary, I believe it is NJ specific.

Normally if medics are linked the last in the chain receives the hit.
However with NJ I think of it as the hits "go to the pool" and then NJ player may ascribe that hits to particular medics (unless other rules forbid it, e.g. that particular medic is attack in the same initiative, that is not the case here).

I just can't think of any rule which would forbid NJ player to ascribe "the hit from the pool" to the medic which received it in the first place.

Drinkdrawers wrote:
In the phone implementation that is the only version I have played, a medic that has not been hit in the current initiative phase always takes the hit, even for another medic.


That is exactly where I met that situation, phone implementation should be no indication whether any rule is correct. For instance, there are allowed unlimited poison tokens, which is contrary to the rules.
2 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
emancypator wrote:
russ wrote:
It seems like this is not a Neojungle-specific question: doesn't the same question arise if a medic is linked directly to a second medic, and that second medic gets hit?


On the contrary, I believe it is NJ specific.

Normally if medics are linked the last in the chain receives the hit.
However with NJ I think of it as the hits "go to the pool" and then NJ player may ascribe that hits to particular medics (unless other rules forbid it, e.g. that particular medic is attack in the same initiative, that is not the case here).

I just can't think of any rule which would forbid NJ player to ascribe "the hit from the pool" to the medic which received it in the first place.

Aha, I see your point! Yes, that seems a good argument indeed; I agree now that there is a difference.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Marvosh
United States
Boise
ID
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, having not read the rules, my understanding of them comes solely from inference based on the phone implementation. Aren't medics unable to use their ability on the initiative phase that they themselves are damaged? Does the matrix somehow negate this restriction?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
See here's the confusing part.

In normal situations if Medic A is connected into Medic B but medic B is not connected to medic A and Medic B is attacked than Medic A automatically is destroyed and Medic B is saved.

Similarly if Medic A is connected into Medic B and Medic B is connected into Unit C and Unit C and Medic B is attacked at the same time than Unit C is saved and medics A and B are destroyed. So the strict answer to the question
Quote:
Aren't medics unable to use their ability on the initiative phase that they themselves are damaged?


would be in certain situations they can use their ability even when they are attacked.

Now here's the part that makes the ruling on Neo Jungle difficult.

Normally if 2 medics are hooked into 1 unit and that one unit is attacked than you have a choice on which mod to use. No one will argue that.

Well because of the way Neo Jungle's motherland works any given medic mod is in essence hooked into itself. So if a medic mod hooked into the motherland is attacked in theory you should be able to choose any medic mod to discard, even itself, and not be forced to pick the mod that was not attacked.

Further complicating the issue is the ruling that
page 7 of english rules wrote:

If a unit is connected to a Medic Module (1), which has another Medic (2) connected (but the modules are not interconnected), the damage, when the unit is hit, is absorbed by the latter (Medic 2).
If two Medics are interconnected (each has the connection icon turned in the other’s direction) the controlling player decides which of them absorbs wounds


So even if you don't buy the "unit is connected to itself" argument the two mods would also be considered inter connected to each other so you could make an argument there that you should be able to pick which one to lose. However the rules don't actually cover interconnected mods where it is the medic which is attacked.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.