Subject: Smurf Rescue - A homemade swedish version of Castle Panic rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonnie Hedqvist
Sweden
Gävle
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a long time been looking for a game to play with my kids, 3 and 5 years old at the moment, but must game for that age is rather boring games of roll the die and first reach goal.
After seeing the game of Castle Panic on a episode of TableTop, I thought this might a great way to slowly introduce them to some tactical gaming.

In my version of this game the adults play the game normally, acting as Gargamel who has kidnapped some smurfs or other innocent creatures. Instead of soldiers he has Catapults (Archers), Traps (Knights) and Magic (Swordsmen). But we skip the last part of adding more "monsters". Instead I let the kid draw the invading smurfs, and roll a die to place them (Mostly like a mix of normal game and the Overlord extra rules). We try to stop the smurfs and the kid cheers for every time we fails.

This works rather fine during our first try. The 3 year old is hard to keep in the game still, but loves drawing new smurfs. The 5 year old loved it and could barely look during the most exciting moves. A good first play though, as the kids won with their final smurf.

I can post more images and/or details if someone is interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Alfredsson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I absolutely want this, and you don't have to change the text to english, cause I'd prefer it in swedish... Naturligtvis

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.