$10.00
Gridash
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: BSG V59 - Build Your Own Variant & Gerry Got A Large Straight!

I really doubt that a basestar and 3 raiders, which are in no position to do any harm (except for the basestar), and which didn't have had the chance to move whatsoever in this game so far are going to take priority over getting 4 more cards in skillchecks for crisiscards (which are a more pressing matter) and getting 2 loyalty cards checked out. Especially since the president/admiral title is linked to the loyalties checked out.

Just my opinion. You're just making yourself look more suspicious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Mold the chaos into something beautiful
mbmbmbmbmb

Hey, there's no rush. Mod is in bed and nothing will happen for like 8 hours now anyway. Good night!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gridash
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oriecat wrote:

Hey, there's no rush. Mod is in bed and nothing will happen for like 8 hours now anyway. Good night!

Gnight
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clement W
Singapore
flag msg tools
mb

Not really. I think you're just misinterpreting a few things, and we're two humans debating over... well, not much.

1) I admitted that I misread Cally's OPG, and am no longer against moving to the press room. I'm just covering other possibilities when I ask about the raiders and civilians. In part, it's also a kinda reminder directed at Boomer and Cottle, who may miss out parts of posts here and there (especially when we've managed one whole page in the last few hours). And of course, it's always good to evaluate all our options.

2) The double press room activation is going to happen anyway, regardless of whether I'm in Command, Press Room, CIC. So there's no point bringing up the missed opportunity of grabbing 4 politics cards, because it will happen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gridash
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Alright, I'm sorry if I seem to press the matter that much then. I'd rather have you as an ally than an enemy, just so you know. As long as the title is in human hands, I'm fine with whoever gets it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin O'Bryan
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

Good god man, who taught you to use a scalpel? What a mess.

Doc's a new character, so I'm fine with the mod's ruling. It's something to think about for future iterations of the character (can he save you from a sickbay disaster?) but let's just roll with it. Sorry, Roslin/Tory. :/

As for using Cally's OPG, are you sure you want to pre-Sleeper? I mean that's your judgment call to make. I admit that even if I COULD have saved Roslin's life I might have passed pending Sleeper until I'm certain which side I'm on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gridash
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Why not? Since Cally can't check ALL the loyalty cards from one character like Baltar can. If both me and Gaeta are cleared, thats less chance for us to be a cylon post sleeper phase (by ruling out that we didn't start as one right away).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

It is, however, true that Tory does not have to be the second character checked together with Gaeta. President Tory also makes me uncomfortable, actually. Might be my experience with pre-nerfed Tory.

Still, I don't see anyone else that can be President with this crew. Maybe Cottle? I would support President Boomer if she wasn't our only pilot, as it gives her ways to prove loyalty after Sleeper. But as it stands we can't afford to have our pilot using the Quorum.

Moving to the Research Lab also means you don't have to discard a card for the move, which is another plus point. President Cottle actually sounds pretty decent, as he can OPT as his movement since he'll be parked in the Office all game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gridash
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

As long as the person-to-be-president is checked to be human, I'm fine with that. In fact, I'd prefer somebody else to be checked since I know my own loyalty and it would increase the chances that we might find an actual cylon.

So, basically, Gaeta should be checked + whoever is going to be president soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin O'Bryan
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

Doc'd make a fine president, but I remind you that Final Five cards are in play. You don't have any reason to believe me (or not to believe me since I haven't gotten a chance to do anything, even save Roslin :/) but I don't think you want to see my Loyalty Card, Cally. :/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gridash
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I suppose your OPG can't help against that either then doc?

Edit: Well you don't have to answer that since it might violate secrecy rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin O'Bryan
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

I don't think I can answer that without violating secrecy. :/

Whee! Exciting first turn!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gridash
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Another option is to just trust me in all this that I'm pretty much human. I'd have shot myself in the foot through all these convos otherwise.

Lets hear from Boomer and then its Gaeta's call. I'll support it eitherway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gridash
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I'm starting to think to just let Gaeta keep the title and focus on other things first. That will give people more time to prove themselves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clement W
Singapore
flag msg tools
mb

Yay, BGG is back.

I think there is indeed time to prove ourselves the normal way, and even if Cally manages to pick up any covert cylon conversations, we'll face the same problem of "He said, she said".

Regardless.... I'm the Admiral after all, leave me a good destination on top and then you'll have faith in me anyway!

But seriously, if you feel strongly about checking me now, do say so, 'cause I'm starting to think that there's no real hurry, and we can at least wait till we've jumped and we'll have a few quieter turns to do so while the cylon fleet is still eating our dust.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gridash
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Alright, lets go with that then I'd say. Hopefully I'll draw something good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dowdy
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Wow, just wow. I go to bed and come back and there are two pages, an execution, a new President, it's already on the second player's turn, people are debating using a OPG... meanwhile in my non-variant game, all I missed was "hey, it's your turn Ellen".

I'm fine either way with how to proceed here. On the one hand getting some Politics cards for skill checks and knowing our Dictator and whoever might be taking over one of the titles is on the up-and-up has obvious benefits.

On the other hand, keeping the OPG in reserve has advantages too. We could take the initiative in the space battle, and have the OPG for checking whoever is the first to act fishy (and perhaps even deter such behavior in the first place). The OPG drops in usefulness at Sleeper, so best to use it some time before then though.

The worst-case scenario would be a Cylon Cally using Through the Walls and finding her partner at the beginning of the game. Then you have two from-the-start Cylons who know who each other are yet are treated as the most trusted members of the crew by the humans. Team Human is not winning that game.

Enough rambling... I can see the advantages to using Cally's OPG now and on holding off for a turn or two. It's a tough call, and I would be fine with either option.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I do hope the XO to Tory happens regardless, as we need the 4 Politics more than anything else right now (and if StP shows up there, so much the better). I can always OPG on my own turn if we choose to do that - after all, the chance is against me drawing an XO anyway.

Looks like people don't want me to use the OPG right now, which is... fine, I guess? I just realised that a move to Hangar Deck allows me to check all the title-holders at once on my turn, though - and that does give us valuable information.

Up to Gaeta, really.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, Gaeta, I think moving to the Office at least merits some consideration.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gridash
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thats the life of a Dictator, tough choices to be made.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clement W
Singapore
flag msg tools
mb

Let's see, office did cross my mind for a bit, but I prefer keeping the cylon fleet in check first. Nothing says defending the last of humanity than blasting some cylons out of the sky.

... Or at least getting some civilians out of the way.

Move to Command, 1 - XO to PR-in-charge Tory.

Scramble those vipers, go go go!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gridash
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Use both actions to activate the press room twice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gridash
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

oriecat wrote:

Time's up . J/K !

I love these fast games, seriously.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I had this dream that a nameless, faceless german voice was yelling at me to get up... and then I found out it wasn't german at all because the flags confuse me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

There is talk among the people on the Fleet about what happened to poor Laura. They want an explanation!

Interrupts for Unexplained Deaths wrote:

Interrupts for Unexplained Deaths - 8GP
Looking for Investigative Committee and/or Scientific Research,
and/or ONE of the following: Support The People, At Any Cost, Guts And Initiative, or Jury Rigged.

Gaeta (8) -
Cally (4) -
Boomer (4) -
Cottle (4) -
Tory (4) -

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  5 , 6 , 7 , 8 , 9  Next »  [36] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.